How many hours do you play per session?

• Poll
    • How long are you playing poker on average per session?

1 to 2 hours
        3 to 4 hours
        less than 1 hour
        more than 6 hours
        5 to 6 hours
      Total: 48 Votes
    • Puschkin81
      Many of you might know this phenomenon: You sit down at a poker table and start playing. You play and play and play and forget the time. Once Mike „The Mouth“ Matusow said that his longest session lasted 42 hours. Phil Ivey's longest session lasted 72 hours followed by a 24 hours sleep.

Although these are extreme examples of poker enthusiast we are interested in your habits: How long are you playing on average per session?

Good luck at the tables!
  • 8 replies
    • NYCSavage
      While im waiting for the $50 to be deposited into my account, I have only been playing Freerollers and so my usual session lasts between 1 and 2 hours as im usually knocked out by then!!!
    • Barne
      Well i only just started but usually i play around 1 to 2 hours most of the time. I don't have that much time to make long sessions most of the time and it turns out that in those 1 to 2 hours i usually quit with a nice proffit with a thought of "i better quit now before i lose it again", or i end up with a big loss and than it will be "i better quit now before i really start tilting!!!". Both of which aren't that great i know, but my emotions still drive me a bit!
    • Mugge88
      I only play around 1 to 2 hours at the time normally, to make sure I'm completely concentrated.. But I can have a few sessions a day, as long as I get a decent break in between.
    • ciRith
      1-2h as well. :)

I think you can't play much more than 24h online... live it's a bit different but 72h at the pc is just... no way. ^^
    • CoreySteel
      I usually play 2 hours in morning and 2 hours when I come home (from midnight till 2 or 3 am)
    • Phisherman
      i'm a long distance runner :)
      7+ hours for me a day (can get over 10hours also)
    • Puschkin81
      Ok....I guess now it's up to me: Usually I play around three hours per session. Since I do not often have time to play I play longer if I have the opportunity to do so.

Good luck at the tables!
    • Ohmu
      I usually try to keep it strictly to 1h and then have at least a 1h break. I could easily play for 5h+ straight, but I don't think I could keep the gameplay on the same level. Also doing such long runs might trigger some boredome of poker in me and I might stop practicing it at all. 1h is just enough that I can have a good run and I want to get back to poker asap (if not tilting ;) ).