$51.55
      MP1:
      $99.85
      MP2(Hero):
      $53.45
      MP3:
      $92.30

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 5 folds, MP1 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.75) 5, 8, K (2 players)
      MP1 bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75.

Turn: ($17.25) J (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $9.50, MP1 raises to $19.00, Hero calls $9.50.

River: ($55.25) J (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero??

Should I check behind River? Or go all in?

Flop and Turn play?
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You have to think "what hands can I beat that can call a bet here". There is only one - KQ. What are the chances that the villain limp-called KQ? Very low.

In fact, the only likely hand you can beat by the river is an overplayed bluff (eg 77). You should check behind because most the time the villain is just itching to check-raise again.

By shoving you are either donating the rest of your stack or getting the villain to fold a weaker hand than yours. Either way you accomplished nothing at all.

Villain limp-called flop which is a common tell-tale for a pocket pair that they wernt confident to OR with. The donk flop could be a missed set so calling here is okay.

The checked turn could again be that missed set giving up the pot. So you bet to make sure he doesnt suck out with another 7 on the river. The CR means 99% of the time the villain has the set and is misplaying it (villain should have just near-potted you 3 streets. Youd have been all in on the river and unlikely to fold TPTK).

The CR was your chance to run away.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Thanks for the good feedback Jaissica! (for all the hands)

I like it, it makes sense and it's detailed.

Cheers and Good Luck! :heart:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also check back river, since you are either beat by set/two pair or he has missed draw/bluff
      I think b/c turn is reasonable, since he can do that with wide range. Also that means I´d call river shove
    • Blackjed
      Blackjed
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I would also check back river, since you are either beat by set/two pair or he has missed draw/bluff
      I think b/c turn is reasonable, since he can do that with wide range. Also that means I´d call river shove
      Small correction: 2 pares cant beat him since there are JJ on table.

About hand: only check 100%, cant belive that we have such simple question on this level.