is possible to beat any limit without a tracker???

• lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      Well, this is maybe a newbie question for me :P , but I was wondering which stakes can you beat without a tracker and applying NL BSS Bronze strategy (I said bronze because I think silver's strategy uses stats right?)
      I ask this because i had never played without a tracker :D .

Im just curious, let see if somebody can help me, thx!!
  • 23 replies
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      nanoka or whatever his name is pokerstars pro anyway. He 10+ nl1k n nl2k without a tracker
    • lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      omg... are you serious?

multitabling without a tracker?

maybe he is a bot...or maybe he is a genius...or maybe he is in a endless upswing :f_p:

But let be realistic, for example, if you can play 6 tables at same time and playing the BSS Bronze strategy... till which limit can you be winner?

Anyone has tried????
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      I believe you can beat any limit without a tracker if ur good enough. If you play only a few tables. If you can pay attention to 4 tables and watch the other players, then you should be able to beat it. The tracker is just a helpfull tool, its very handy for playing more then a few table. If your watching your table and keeping track of all the players moves then you shouldn't have a problem beating a limit you can beat with a tracker.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      I have never used a tracker...
      played till a mounth ago 26$ 45ppl sngs 6-7 at a time ... i am up 7k...

and got tired of them and moved to cash (ive been -2100$ lifetime accourding to ptr)
      and now i am -1500$ since i started playing cash seriusly and not shots
      like i lost the 2k....

ive started the cash a half a mounth ago with 150$ in my account
      1 day nl10 9 tbls... got to 180$
      and since then i am on nl25 playing 7-9 tables and i have about 1k in my acount....

no tracker .. but i feel i can make so much more if i had one..

i look alot of betting petterns and what i put the villain on and play
      accourdingly..
      i get it right most of the time...
    • lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      Well, I know that if you are paying attention and taking notes, you can earn money easily as well.

However, when I said 6 tables, lets changed to 24 tables, without Notes taking, and only applying BSS bronze strategy (ABC POKER).

Which limits can you reach doing this???
    • Espire2k6
      Espire2k6
      Bronze
      24 tables ? o.0 ? that would be sick
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      using basic SSS, i think NL25 is beatable on 12 tables on stars. no fancy moves, no reads, just grinding away like a bot.

for BSS im not sure. but if anybody/ even pros are making money on Rush Poker (in fulltilt) where u cant use trackers, then it deffo is possible.
    • lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      I think I prefer BSS because you can "optimize", Im SSS player and I know what im talking about (actually playing NL100 with SSS on 12 tables).

SSS is a good way to play more tables and take less decisions, and the winrate is also lower, but there is less variance than BSS for sure.

However SSS is ok when you play NL50+ because people make less mistakes and you have an edge against BSS players.

But for microlimits, where people make many mistakes, not optimizing, is a great mistake, because is very easy to do it.
    • SallaMC
      SallaMC
      Bronze
      I guess you should open a thread in the Cake Poker forum, asking if there is any winning players on Cake....
    • lichoman1
      lichoman1
      Bronze
      well in cake poker people are playing without stats, but everyone else TOO...so the level is much softer as well...
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Stats are over rated. The only thing i uses is VP&PFR other than that my poker tracker is just a usefull thing for recording my results effortlessly =) Anyone who disagrees with me...Whatever i dont really care, im quite happy with my 12bb/100 so im not intrested in debaiting if there useful or not.
    • 1z2x3y
      1z2x3y
      Bronze
      Ever heard of a player called Boku87 ?

Well they play on Pokerstars & grind 50 tables at a time :-)

He done 2 challenges (without a tracker)
      1st one was to turn $5 into $10,000 in a month !
      nobody thought he could do it,even Pokerstars team,so he started a betting book on it and pokerstars even bet against him doing it + many other people.

He did it and made even more money than the initial $10,000 on the book alone :]

2nd challenge was to turn $0 into $100,000 in a year
      No one would bet against him doing it (lol)
      i wonder why !

I would post the link to his blog but it's against forum rules

Just google it / or go to pokerstars webpage and search

As for trackers i dont use one and do just fine :tongue:

If you are going to grind the basic SSS then you dont need a tracker,just memorise the strategy and then you can grind as many tables as you like with the basic SSS because it is a very simple strategy.
      All you have to do is make sure you stick to it 100% and dont get tired :P

(hence the operative word GRIND)

As for what limit can you go to with basic SSS is ????? due to the higher the stake,the better the players become and a good player will exploit you in a nano second, especially if you are multitabling and dont hide yourself from the search feature some sites have.
      Because if they search you they can see how many tables you are playing + they probably know the SSS.

I would advise to stick to the micro limits and just play basic SSS.

There is one more option (HOWEVER) you must be very carefull with this suggestion and that is use full SSS (IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THIS)
      then you can multitable with this, but dont multitable too many due to you will not be able to observe the players at each table so much and therefore,you can not take notes on them which you need to do if you dont have a tracker.
      it is risky due to the deviation from the basic SSS and you will without a doubt get into some tricky situations ?(

So to summarise trackers just like anything in life have both pro's and cons,
      it is all about what you really wish to achieve by doing this !

It should all be about your poker playing abilitys progression and if you do the second suggestion then you can not really progress your game / only maybe you bankroll.

Hope it works out for you :s_biggrin:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i don't use a tracker and im pretty sure i beat nl200sh for atleast 8bb/100

a tracker is certainly no must, especially not if you only play 4 tables
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I'm beating NL2 pretty good right now - without a Tracker - playing one table at a time. :f_biggrin:

:s_cool:

Nav :D
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      tracker is a plus i guess but not mandatory, i prefer using just notes. those can come in handy :)

however u dont need anything besides abc poker to beat micro limits, the only person you gotta beat is yourself, your opponents wont pose a threat at those limits :P
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I have a copy of both HEM and PT3, and I have to say, I never use them.
      after 20k hands with em each, I think i'm more profitable just playing without them, and my performance has agreed with this so far.

Its too easy to rely on stats which may or may not be reliable imo, however it is nice that in HEM u can show your own amount of hands eg last 10,20 etc rather than all vs vill.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i never used any and still doing well but i would like to use one to track my own profits, losses and see what games i am best at even though i obviously have a good idea....
      i'll just keep going till i get elephant license...
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      i don't use a tracker and im pretty sure i beat nl200sh for atleast 8bb/100

a tracker is certainly no must, especially not if you only play 4 tables
      impressed :s_cool:
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Although it's not perfect - and I believe posting a link is forbidden - you can check a site called PTR for info on your play.

I say it's not perfect because they occasionally miss a session which is annoying, because they only seem to miss winning sessions :(

Just make sure you don't have a poker client open when you visit the site cause it's against TOS to view with poker client open.

Just Google it.

Nav