Starting Hand Chart

• oilersfan1094
      oilersfan1094
      Bronze
      Hi, just signed up and am wondering how you can translate the 'starting hand chart' to 'fake' money or 'play money' chip sessions where it seems like everyone calls and more people go all in. Just want to get some practice in with what i learned before i play for real.

And should you only play the hands shown on the chart or what?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is for NL Hold'em
  • 3 replies
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      I would forget about using the starting hands chart in play money games. Instead you might want to purchase some Poker training software where you can practice against AI opponents.

Trust me, the AI opponents will play more realistically than play money opponents will. Play money NL is absolutely insane!

Nav
    • oilersfan1094
      oilersfan1094
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, any recommendations on software
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Well there seems to be two major players, Turbo Hold'em which has been around for years is one. The other that I bought is Poker Academy Pro 2.

I bought Poker Academy because it had really good reviews and apparently has better AI as well. The only problem though is that Poker Academy hasn't seen an update since 2007 and the users of the software - in the forum there - aren't sure if there ever will be another update. The online play servers are still working and the forum is actively moderated. It's really kind of strange...

It's still great software but maybe you might want to go with Turbo Hold'em as I believe it's still actively being updated. Read the reviews online first.

Nav