$25.00
      CO:
      $28.40
      BU(Hero):
      $25.00
      SB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, K.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.85) Q, K, T (3 players)
      BB bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00, Hero raises to $5.00, BB raises to $10.50, CO calls $9.50, Hero raises to $24.75, BB raises to $38.15, CO calls $17.65(All-In).

Turn: ($90.9) J (3 players)

River: ($90.9) 3 (3 players)

Final Pot: $90.9.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Dont like overlimping with KTo, even from the BU. The CO is a limping station, if my read of the stats youve posted is correct he is playing every single hand. Exploit this and isolate him at every opportunity. Raisy daisy!

To expand on why an overlimp with KT is bad, when most people limp they generally have strong drawing hands - suited connectors or a small PP - that form monsters. So when you do hit with your bad top-pair-draw cards you are effectively giving people cheap shots at stacking in exchange for of winning micro pots when they miss. Even worse, you lose cbet and a while a button-bet when everyone checks to you is effective, it isnt as credible, especially used regularly. Not to mention it plays into a weak limper's hands, as when they hit a monster on any board the first impluse is to set a c-r trap. Button-betting in a many way pot is often little more than a good way to donate money to that weak trapper, when if you had just raised-> isolated properly maybe that trapper would be complaining about folding another crappy suited hand that hit 2 pair instead of taking your money :)

The BB looks regular aggressive PF (14/14) and probably wouldnt have played whatever he has, else he would have raised with it to isolate CO himself. So we can put him on a semi-trash hand.

On the flop you want to take CO all in with two pair, because CO will just keep on calling with anything. The BB is the problem. He wouldnt be 3betting you on the flop without a monster here. We have a monster too, but is it monstrous enough?

I cant help but keep coming back to that first point that would have meant you didnt face this situation. Raise and isolate. Fight the fish for his money alone where possible. Dont get stuck fighting over it with a regular.

I think you cant play this many other ways as you cannot possibly give the BB credit for KK, QQ, TT or AJ, all of which BB would raise with preflop. Even KQ we can probably rule out. That leaves J9, QT, KJ, maybe even QJ or JT as BB's probable range. Youve got to ship it, because only one of those hands has you beaten.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

Jaissica has already made a long enough post on why you should isolate this pre :D I won't extend it any further. I'll just say: isolate CO fish pre-flop! :tongue:

Post flop I have to disagree with jaissica though. I'm folding to BB 3b. He's showing a lot of strength here and I don't wanna be getting the money in with top-bottom 2P. I wouldn't be surprised to see him showing up with AJ or KQ, becasue even though he SHOULD isolate it pre-flop, he might very well not do it, just the way that our hero didn't isolate his KTo. People aren't so aware of this concept in NL25 yet. So sure, I think he can have AJ here (although I believe J9 is more likely). I'm not ruling out AA or KK as well. AA have 38% equity against us btw.

Our equity is really not doing well against his range, as I doubt he's playing QJ ot JT like this. It's a limped pot and people simply don't fight for limped pots without a big hand.
      I don't give him anything less than AK here and if we consider this to be the bottom of his range:

Board: Kc Td Qs
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 63.467% 59.75% 03.71% 399298 24821.50 { QQ+, TT, AKs, AJs, KTs+, QTs, J9s, AKo, AJo, KTo+, QTo, J9o }
      Hand 1: 36.533% 32.82% 03.71% 219309 24821.50 { KTs, KTo }

That's just against BB. The fish could have us beat also (although that's unlikely, he probably just has J3o :D )

Cheers!