[NL20-NL50] 55

• Joronamo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, 5.
      MP3 raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.1) Q, 5, J (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.25, BU calls $2.25, BB calls $2.25, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($9.85) 6 (3 players)
      BB bets $8.50, Hero folds, BU folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.85.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica

I assume you gave BB credit for a flush here?

You had about a 2% +ev margin (if my math still works) on calling for a redraw, assuming you would be called if you shoved after hitting on the river. I guess that makes folding more sensible *if* you knew the villain had a flush, as you arnt 100% garunteed to get all in on the river.

I dont like the automatic credit given for the flush though. The BB could be slowplaying A :heart: A, have a pair and a heart, have two pairs, or complete air and just felt like representing a made flush when really he has 9To.

At the very least im calling turn. Maybe a river shove on a blank would convince me to release my set.
    • caltabiano

If BU is a an aggressive fish, just ship turn obviously =D

I'm never folding here. I mean NEVER. If he has a flush, we sill have implieds to call and therefore we can't fold even if we're 100% sure he HAS a flush.

So flat his bet (or shove it in depending on the player) and then decide what to do on the river based on who you're playing against and river card obviously.

Be aware that some people will play something like AQ or QJ like this because he's afraid that another flush card might hit river.