$25.00
      BB:
      $36.50
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $24.60

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 5, 4, A (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5.35, BB folds, MP3 calls $3.60.

Turn: ($13.05) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $8.85, MP3 raises to $18.50(All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21.9.
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      39/29? You could nearly 3bet A7s.

I dont like flatting hands like that (TP drawing hands) to loose player's raises because you are going to often end up with a marginal TPBK hand and have to go broke with it, as they will attempt to buy alot of pots.

That flop isnt really a great flop as it is a prime example of your marginal situation. Do you raise and try and push him out now, and end up paying off a bigger ace, random two pairs or who-knows-what? Do you call down for showdown and risk letting him catch up with whatever junk he is bluffing with? Both answers suck.

The cheapest time to define a marginal hand is preflop.

As played, on the flop you need to define your hand, so raise is good. Bare in mind that a bit of a maniac (villain feels like one) might well 4bet you on the flop with any rubbish if he thinks he can run over you. So unless you are willing to end up stacking off there and then its often better to just call down.

On the turn, unless you actually want to get all in with your hand you should check behind here. Betting actually got you into a pretty bad bind. Personally I think its too late here against a loose player for B-F (we are too committed because of flop action). If you chose bet it had to be B-C. Should have checked behind turn and called a reasonable bet on a river blank (C-F a 4th heart I think) to give him another opportunity to bluff.

Pretty gross situation to get into though :(
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

As jaissica said, we should be folding this pre-flop, unless we're 150bb+ deep with villain ;-)

As played I really don't like raising on the flop, unless you know the guy is a complete maniac. Count the combinations of Ax that you beat: A2, A3 and A6. All other aces beat you. And even something like A2 is only a 2:1 dog here!

As played, I just give up turn. He's gonna have too many two pair, flushes, str8s. We really can't vbet anymore and I really wouldn't try to get a fish off a better A here.

Since we can't vbet nor bluff, we simply should bet =)

Cheers!