[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH JJ possibly the nittiest play I've made so far.

• ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.27
      MP2(Hero):
      $5.85
      MP3:
      $2.04
      CO:
      $1.29
      BU:
      $4.73
      SB:
      $5.48

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      CO posts deadblind, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.45) 3, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP3 raises to $0.70, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.65.

I think the only hands I could beat in his range are AK and TT, if he's looser then perhaps AQ and 99.
      3bets me preflop and then 3bets me on the flop. Smells like a big pair rolling over my JJ
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You played this quite well.

You had correct recall odds to a set (about call17 in a 3bet pot which is fine, even OOP, as you are more often getting paid off in 3bet than 2bet pots).

You flopped a not-bad flop and asked the question of the raiser. A PFR with AK here would probably often just call your weak flop bet.

The raise answers your question - and you correctly folded. Sometimes here AK is cbetting over the top of you but it takes a very aggressive player to do that and you can take note of how often the player represents premium overpairs and play back based on that. With no read, best to let it go.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      You played this quite well.

You had correct recall odds to a set (about call17 in a 3bet pot which is fine, even OOP, as you are more often getting paid off in 3bet than 2bet pots).

You flopped a not-bad flop and asked the question of the raiser. A PFR with AK here would probably often just call your weak flop bet.

The raise answers your question - and you correctly folded. Sometimes here AK is cbetting over the top of you but it takes a very aggressive player to do that and you can take note of how often the player represents premium overpairs and play back based on that. With no read, best to let it go.
      Well put. Tho the more aggressive the villain the more air he'll have, the better it is to let him c-bet instead of donking unless you plan on calling a raise. Usually they'll also get better as they get more aggressive, meaning your donkbet with a medium overpair will become more transparent, and they'll put you in tougher spots.

Hope it helps.