This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 KJo

• prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi there,

i am not really sure that i played this well...Villain was 47/12 over a very small sample (17 hands)... Was it ok to call his bet on the river or should i have folded because of the paired board and the possibility of a flush?
      What do you think?

Cheers, prg09.

Party, $0.02/$0.04 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players

BB: $4.86
      UTG: $5.06
      UTG+1: $5.19
      UTG+2: $1.92
      MP1: $9.91
      MP2: $5.06
      Hero (CO): $8.85
      BTN: $5
      SB: $2

Pre-Flop: K:club: J:diamond: dealt to Hero (CO)
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20) Q:club: 4:spade: K:heart: (5 Players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.19, BTN folds, SB calls $0.19, 2 folds

Turn: ($0.58) 5:heart: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

River: ($1.38) Q:heart: (2 Players)
      SB bets $1.37 and is All-In, Hero calls $1.37
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i would have considered folding, thinking that he has made his trip Qs
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

RAISE PREFLOP. From the CO with position on a limper, it's a mandatory raise for me with a hand like KJo that plays terribly multiway but great with initiative in a raised pot against a fish.

As played flop and turn are fine, river is dicey. Since he's a unknown halfstack, there are some hands like JT he could be bluffing with or hands like Kx he could wrongly shove for value, calling is alright getting 2:1. Stats over this small sample would make us lean towards a fold because he seems like the type not to jam Kx/bluffs on the river and he's almost certainly peeling twice with Qx on flop/turn, but they're still unreliable. No big deal either way, just go with your guts on this one.

Hope it helps.