This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK, overpair facing donkbet on turn

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Hero:
      $4,99
      UTG+2:
      $8,56
      SB:
      $4,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0,16, 7 folds, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 5:club: , 7:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,30, SB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($0,96) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,32, Hero raises to $1,50, SB calls $1,18.

Was this reraise ok? I didnt really know what to do with his donkbet here.

River: ($3,96) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,98 (All-In), Hero calls $2,98.

Im quite unsure of this though.

Final Pot: $9,92
  • 6 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

Flopplay is standard. On the turn you face a turn donkbet which can indicate a blocking bet with a flushdraw which wants to see a cheap rivercard. So your raise is fine. You cannot fold on the river anymore. You beat busted flushdraws as well as every two pair. So: nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Ok thats good to hear.

And lets modify the situation a bit, lets say that on the river his AI bet would be overbetting the pot with like 1.5 times the size at least, would that be a sure fold instead of a call?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Yes. Because if he bets 1.5 times the pot you have to win the pot more often to make a call profitable. On the other hand the likelihood that he holds a strong hand is higher if he bets that strong. But if he holds a strong hand the likelihood that your call is profitable shrinks. That's why a fold is better imo.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I thought so too, but its always good to hear more experienced people say it out loud too :) . But if it wouldve been potsized, call or fold?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      You are asking very specific questions ;) But that's good!

Don't forget that it is important to have a look at your opponent. How aggressive is he on which street? How does he play certain hands? Etc. It is difficult to determine the exact border where you say: "ok, this is a fold" or "this is a call". It depends on the situation and on your opponent. In this case I would recommend a call of a potsized bet. But that might differ depending on the situation.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes, I realise that too that it depends on opponents, but theres always a standard play which you vary depending on opponents right? I didnt have that many hands on this villain either, and he seemed to be somewhat aggressive with his made hands, like TP etc so I figured that he could very well have hit the J or perhaps the FD. At least he didnt seem like the type that played a made hand passively.