[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK, overpair facing donkbet on turn

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Hero:
      $4,99
      UTG+2:
      $8,56
      SB:
      $4,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0,16, 7 folds, SB calls $0,14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,36) 5:club: , 7:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,30, SB calls $0,30.

Turn: ($0,96) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,32, Hero raises to $1,50, SB calls $1,18.

Was this reraise ok? I didnt really know what to do with his donkbet here.

River: ($3,96) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,98 (All-In), Hero calls $2,98.

Im quite unsure of this though.

Final Pot: $9,92
  • 6 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

Flopplay is standard. On the turn you face a turn donkbet which can indicate a blocking bet with a flushdraw which wants to see a cheap rivercard. So your raise is fine. You cannot fold on the river anymore. You beat busted flushdraws as well as every two pair. So: nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Ok thats good to hear.

And lets modify the situation a bit, lets say that on the river his AI bet would be overbetting the pot with like 1.5 times the size at least, would that be a sure fold instead of a call?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Yes. Because if he bets 1.5 times the pot you have to win the pot more often to make a call profitable. On the other hand the likelihood that he holds a strong hand is higher if he bets that strong. But if he holds a strong hand the likelihood that your call is profitable shrinks. That's why a fold is better imo.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I thought so too, but its always good to hear more experienced people say it out loud too :) . But if it wouldve been potsized, call or fold?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      You are asking very specific questions ;) But that's good!

Don't forget that it is important to have a look at your opponent. How aggressive is he on which street? How does he play certain hands? Etc. It is difficult to determine the exact border where you say: "ok, this is a fold" or "this is a call". It depends on the situation and on your opponent. In this case I would recommend a call of a potsized bet. But that might differ depending on the situation.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes, I realise that too that it depends on opponents, but theres always a standard play which you vary depending on opponents right? I didnt have that many hands on this villain either, and he seemed to be somewhat aggressive with his made hands, like TP etc so I figured that he could very well have hit the J or perhaps the FD. At least he didnt seem like the type that played a made hand passively.