Average Hand-Range

• QuidProQuo
      QuidProQuo
      Bronze
      Hi PS-maniacs,

Since a week I'm studying fixed limit strategies. And I need some info I can't find anywhere. Maybe it's not even known or it isn't possible to find out...

I need to know what the average hand-range is for Fixed Limit $1/$2 Full Ring players. I really hope someone might have information on this, or knows how to find this out.

Kind Regards,

Quid Pro Quo
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hmm.. not sure I understand the question Quid!

As a hand range for a player in a given position is also dependant on that players tendancies, I'm not sure what your asking or exactly how to answer!

If it helps, the Bronze FR chart should give you the hand range of a Tightish TAG for any given preflop situation.

Besides this, the Equilator can give you an indicitive hand range based on player stats - you just need to adjust the players stats by a factor based on their position (ie tighter UTG, way looser on the BU/SB).
    • QuidProQuo
      QuidProQuo
      Bronze
      Yes I know that. But I need to know the average hand-range of all 1/2 Fixed Limit players. I think it's propably around 20...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

It's impossible to determine the range average range of ALL 1/2 FL players as we do not have the information on all of them ;) . If you are talking about a standard regulars range (VPIP i assume), it's about 20-25 for SH, so perhaps a little less for FR. How will this information help you anyways that you need to know it :) ?

Best regards,

Primzi
    • QuidProQuo
      QuidProQuo
      Bronze
      Difficult to explain, but I thank you. I think I'm going to put it at 18-20 percent.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Where's this going, Quid? You developing some generic freaky strategy? Which would be -EV all over the place!