[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR set/quads oop

• saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      Villain is 40/20/1.9 over 50 hands.

Flop: I was tired of people folding to my check/raises with sets on drawy boards and wanted to try donking to look like a weak pair/draw

Turn: I was worried he might check behind overpairs on the river especially if a draw completed, and he might fold to a ~pot donk wheras on the turn I might have a draw? I'm not sure if villain thinks at all about my range (probably not) so maybe c/c turn but then what would be the best river option?

Now I remember why I like c/r flop with sets - turn and river are usually very straight forward.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.25)
      Hero ($65.70)
      UTG ($135)
      UTG+1 ($55.85)
      UTG+2 ($50.30)
      CO ($46.67)
      BTN ($18.05)

Dealt to Hero 3:heart: 3:club:

UTG raises to $2.25, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.25) 3:spade: 8:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $8, Hero calls $5

TURN ($21.25) 3:spade: 8:spade: 9:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $13, Hero raises to $55.45 (AI), UTG folds
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You pick a line and stick with it. By following donk-call with check-raise, you are screaming "HI I HAVE A SET LOL".

You should have either continued escalating on the flop (where villain could convince himself you are shoving JJ or a flush) IMO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      no-one says you can´t bet/3-bet flop with set.
      If he has overpair and raise flop for value I doubt they are going to fold your 3-bet if you make it 16$
      Then you can bet 1/2 pot on the turn and shove river
      after you b/c flop, like your c/rai. Although he might b/f there overpairs you can´t c/c and then c/rai, since he could hold draw or he might check back himself on the river if he holds overpair.