This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR set/quads oop

• saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      Villain is 40/20/1.9 over 50 hands.

Flop: I was tired of people folding to my check/raises with sets on drawy boards and wanted to try donking to look like a weak pair/draw

Turn: I was worried he might check behind overpairs on the river especially if a draw completed, and he might fold to a ~pot donk wheras on the turn I might have a draw? I'm not sure if villain thinks at all about my range (probably not) so maybe c/c turn but then what would be the best river option?

Now I remember why I like c/r flop with sets - turn and river are usually very straight forward.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.25)
      Hero ($65.70)
      UTG ($135)
      UTG+1 ($55.85)
      UTG+2 ($50.30)
      CO ($46.67)
      BTN ($18.05)

Dealt to Hero 3:heart: 3:club:

UTG raises to $2.25, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.25) 3:spade: 8:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $8, Hero calls $5

TURN ($21.25) 3:spade: 8:spade: 9:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $13, Hero raises to $55.45 (AI), UTG folds
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You pick a line and stick with it. By following donk-call with check-raise, you are screaming "HI I HAVE A SET LOL".

You should have either continued escalating on the flop (where villain could convince himself you are shoving JJ or a flush) IMO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      no-one says you can´t bet/3-bet flop with set.
      If he has overpair and raise flop for value I doubt they are going to fold your 3-bet if you make it 16$
      Then you can bet 1/2 pot on the turn and shove river
      after you b/c flop, like your c/rai. Although he might b/f there overpairs you can´t c/c and then c/rai, since he could hold draw or he might check back himself on the river if he holds overpair.