Thx for the starting capital

• MarcoGEO
      MarcoGEO
      Bronze
      hi! all....i was a bit impatient like alot of the users here , but in 48h i received my starting capital. I wanna thank PS fot the chance to test the strategies learned here.
      Best regards Marco , Romania
  • 19 replies
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey Marco,

glad to hear it worked out well for you.

Enjoy our community & learning possibilities - and good luck at the tables!

Lutz
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      hey, I'd like to already thank you too, even though i'm STILL impatient(no offense, it's been weekend, i know:-)). Right now I am waiting for the next freeroll to begin, or for the free 50$ to arrive, whatever is first:-)

I have got a suggestion, though: Don't you think the waiting time could be best spent in reading some of the bronze articles? Especially if an ID check is made, there is about one week time for studying the new articles etc. Right now all i can do is waiting for the money(and thereby, the bronze status) to arrive and getting impatient:-)
      Can't the status just be connected to passing the quiz? oh, and judging from the high number of posts("where is my money??") perhaps u should increase the expected time from 48 h to 96 right away:-)

fawe
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey farbwenz,

that's generally a good idea, but I'm not sure if we can implement it as you suggested - certainly, it might be a good idea to add more content for the Beginners, but in the end, it would make more sense to use the resources to shorten the waiting time for the ID check :)

Hadi
    • Nicu00K
      Nicu00K
      Bronze
      hey guys, its good to be here, I also received the 50$ starting capital, thanks:D , and I'm also curious about freerolls. if anyone knows something please let us know;D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Nicu00K,

Welcome in the community. We are here to help you the improve your skills in order to build a bankroll. I can recommend several things:

1. Play according to the bankroll management. This is the most important point. I saw a lot of players going broke, because they didn't stick to it. ( for NL it's this one: BRM)

2. Read all available articles.

3. Stay active in the forum, which means: ask questions whenever you have some.

4. Post in our hand analysis boards (Fixed-Limit / No-Limit / SNG)!

5. Watch videos and visit coachings.

If you really do these things, you will be a winning player who climbs up the limits.

Also what is it specifically you wanted to know about freerolls?

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • vecais
      vecais
      Bronze
      Hello!

I wonder how real is to turn your free 50$ in a lasting bankroll. I mean, if I, as a new player, start with these 50$, and make even (lose as much as win), than after some time rake will eat up all 50$. If I understand right, to earn the necessary points, the rake paid must be more than 50 $. To be more specific, take the Full Tilt. How much must be paid in rake to clear the 50$?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vecais
      Hello!

I wonder how real is to turn your free 50$ in a lasting bankroll. I mean, if I, as a new player, start with these 50$, and make even (lose as much as win), than after some time rake will eat up all 50$. If I understand right, to earn the necessary points, the rake paid must be more than 50 $. To be more specific, take the Full Tilt. How much must be paid in rake to clear the 50$?
      Hi vecais & welcome to the community.

A lot of players have managed to turn the $50 into a very sizeable bankroll and some have even gone pro (make a living out of poker).

Of course there will be others that lose the initial $50 (myself included), however the strategy & techniques available here do make a considerable difference and can really enhance your game. I had to re-read the strategy material & deposit a little of my own money before finally turning my game around into profit.

In the early days, it's almost as important to learn from mistakes as it is to turn a profit. As long as you keep an open mind and are willing to learn/put some effort in, it really can pay off nicely.

On Full Tilt, you will need to acheive 1,000 FTP points. The actual amount of rake this is depends on the type of game you are playing, e.g. cash tables or sng/tournaments etc. but it is easily achievable if playing a little each day or most days.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • vecais
      vecais
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

Thanks for the answer. May be I could put my question in poker language. What are the odds to cash in from the starting 50$? Possible answers are, for example, 100:1, 10:1 etc.
    • Pasty92
      Pasty92
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

Thanks for the answer. May be I could put my question in poker language. What are the odds to cash in from the starting 50$? Possible answers are, for example, 100:1, 10:1 etc.
      For you they are incredibly slim...1000:1

Because you seem like a complete and utter retard

I mean are you serious? How can somebody that doesnt know you say how likely it is that you turn profit.

Its not rigged money you idiot.

If your shit at poker, which i assuming you are, because you think, 10:1 is poker language, you will most likely lose the $50, and not make a profit.

If you are a good poker player, and manage to run well at the same time, you might turn a profit. But in your case i highly doubt it.

Now stop asking ridiculously stupid questions that cant be answered you, needy/pathetic, naive individual.
    • juodalksnis
      juodalksnis
      Bronze
      Relax, mate.

Even if he was dumb you just cannot do anything to change him or anyone at all. So better get a boxing bag or something and release your anger there.
    • Pasty92
      Pasty92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by juodalksnis
      Relax, mate.

Even if he was dumb you just cannot do anything to change him or anyone at all. So better get a boxing bag or something and release your anger there.
      Im not angry

Im amazed at the stupidity
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

If you follow the PS strategy, then 100% imo.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Pasty92,

Can you please refrain from issuing insults to our members as this is against our Board Rules.

Rule 1: No insults/abuse

To ensure a pleasant atmosphere in the forum, insults aimed at other members are strictly forbidden.
      By “insults” we also mean mocking, deriding and exposing other members.

We have a very friendly community atmosphere here and we, as a company, will not tolerate a member issuing insults of any kind to another member.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • vecais
      vecais
      Bronze
      Hello,

Odds are about statistics, not skill. For instance, odds of being dealt A-A are 220-1.

By analogy, in year 2009 "X" number of persons got their starting capital of 50$. "Y" number of them cleared it. Obviously "Y" is less than "X". If it is 10%, than odds to clear are 9-1. I am pretty sure that this percentage is rather constant from year to year as are all statistical figures (birthrate, deathrate etc.). If it is so, than it can give some insight in the process (at least - how easy it is to cash in). I hope noone is offended by my curiosity.

Maybe someone knows this Y/X ratio?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello,

Odds are about statistics, not skill. For instance, odds of being dealt A-A are 220-1.

By analogy, in year 2009 "X" number of persons got their starting capital of 50$. "Y" number of them cleared it. Obviously "Y" is less than "X". If it is 10%, than odds to clear are 9-1. I am pretty sure that this percentage is rather constant from year to year as are all statistical figures (birthrate, deathrate etc.). If it is so, than it can give some insight in the process (at least - how easy it is to cash in). I hope noone is offended by my curiosity.

Maybe someone knows this Y/X ratio?
      Hi vecais,

Thank you for ignoring the insults made in this thread. The member concerned stands alone as we are all extremely friendly and helpful here in the English community. As my colleague Steve (TheBu11d0g) has already confirmed, we will not accept members flaming each other and will take action if people persist. We thank you for not getting dragged down into this ;)

To get back to your question, I fully appreciate where you are coming from in terms of the odds. The logistics of recording every members results might be too great to be honest, PokerStrategy have just on 3 million members now, although some are no longer active for various reasons.

It is also extremely difficult to put the chances into an odds form as it really depends on the following:

* how well you study the strategy material (e.g. read, re-read and maybe make notes to fully understand the principles)

* how well you are able to implement this strategy when playing, e.g. remembering which starting hands to play and from which positions etc. AQ for example can be raise or fold depending on where you are sitting on the table in relation to the blinds.

* as with all poker, a certain amount of luck is involved. Luck does tend to even out over a longer period, but it is possible to hit either a upswing (heater) or downswing at any time and this can affect your chances in the early days.

What I would confirm to you however is that the strategies have been worked on by highly experienced poker players and mathematicians. They have been devised to provide you with an edge over the opposition and all other factors being equal, you should make a small profit when using them.

The odds on turning this small profit into a sizeable bankroll again depend on a players committment and attitude towards constantly improving their game.

I'm sure once you have received the starting capital and tried out the strategies, you will begin to see the benefit of them and do well.

We all wish you luck with them and above all else... Enjoy your poker :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • juodalksnis
      juodalksnis
      Bronze
      Hi,

I tried to be patient but I passed the quiz on friday and today I still haven't recieved any message. No one asked for my ID copy, no one contacted my at all. Honestly, I am worried a bit :/

I posted here because I think there are so many impatient newbies like me so another similar thread is not neccessary. :)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello juodalksnis,

Thank you for your patience in waiting so far.

We usually advise new members to wait 96 working hours as our customer support can get very busy at times due to the fact that we are nearing 3 million members now.

Also there are a few things that you can check:

-Have you received an id check through the mail? Please check your inbox as well as your junk mail as well. If you have then please send a copy of the requested id to security@pokerstrategy.com

-Are you sure you have entered all your details correct on your poker platform, and on your profile page? Please remember that you have to put the name of your account here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/profile/
      Also make sure that you enter the PokerStrategy bonus/marketing code otherwise your account wont be linked and the money wont be transferred and then you would have to choice a different poker platform..

-Finally please check your Tickets from support as they may have tried to contact you with a query. You can also create tickets using this feature.

If everything is correct with the above checks then i would recommend writing a ticket to our Customer Support team who should be able to update you on the current status of your membership.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • juodalksnis
      juodalksnis
      Bronze
      -I checked my email amd the spam folder and tickets section and nothing so far.
      -I am pretty sure that I entered correct info but I don't see how to check because the only thing that is being shown under 'account name' is ✔
      And I chose party poker but I am not sure if I completed the instructions correctly. I pressed the deposit button and entered my personal info and after that I closed the window. They asked 'Do you really want to cancel the deposit?' I clicked yes. The instructions doesn't say anything more so I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly.

I think I will write a ticket but I wish I didn't have to. :/
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      @vecais:
      If I remember correctly, even with a ROI of 5% you have a 10% chance of going broke in the first 1000 games (or even more? I think it was something between 10 and 20, I just can't find the graphs anymore^^). But even if you do, it is completely free money, so it is definitely +EV^^ and, of course and maybe even more valuable, +Experience....

Just wanna give you an example: ME:-)When I read about it, I just could not believe the whole story, but I thought I'm gonna play a huge freeroll, well, why not, can't lose anything but my time^^ BTW: up there in this thread is my first post in this forum^^

I read the bronze articles only once or twice, did not even bother to print the charts (well, I think I don't need them anymore, anyway), but just tried to understand them. Also I read and posted only few hands, and watched less than 10 videos. So I was not extremely dedicated to learning...
      As for my poker level: Berfore I started with PS I played a total of 8 real life games, and some play-money poker and freerolls (admittedly, quite a lot:D ). Maybe I am just lucky to still have money in my account after 500 games (down to 23 from 78 within just 99 games )

Anyway, the 50$ are mine now and won't ever be taken away(it just took about 200 SNG games which I played in a bit more than 6 weeks, mostly 2 games at once, on average 30 min per game). I can't withdraw them yet, but as far as I know I could just deposit 100$ and then withdraw everything. Won't do that though^^I also became silver member for a short time:-) Oh yeah and then there's the 100$ bonus, this one is a bit harder to clear I guess. I cleared only 15$ of it and time is over after this weekend.

So, I guess, getting the 50 dollars is not really hard to do, if you know what you are doing and are a bit concentrated at the tables...and if you are more dedicated than me lots of profits may be waiting...