• sylvian
      sylvian
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

This is where my journey starts!

I finally decided to start my on blog for two main reasons:
      1. to keep track of my evolution
      2. to keep me motivated

I'm a student, almost 20 years old and I live in Romania.
      I played poker since I was little kid, although I only knew how to play draw poker.
      Last year I started playing on Party Poker (only for play money), and then I heard of pokerstrategy and the 50$ starting capital, and I receved it exactly on Christmas day.

Right now I have 45,25$ left out of 50 and i have to make 90 points this week to release the bonus!

:spade: :spade: My goals:spade: :spade:

:s_cool: Short term(one week):
      :diamond: make at least 150$ cash
      :diamond: clear the 50$ bonus
      :diamond: read all available articles

:s_cool: Long term:
      :diamond: travel all around the world with the money I make from poker (first destination: Las Vegas:s_biggrin: )
      :diamond: become a profesional poker player
      :diamond: live a good life with the money from poker
      :diamond: play poker correctly (no tilt allowed :f_mad: )

I have a lot more to learn before I achieve even my shot term goals!
      My #1 enemy is that I go on tilt really easy:( , also I tend to chase my losses, witch isn't a good thing.
      That's why i always repeat to myself: "Money is not important, what is important is that you play correctly".

So without further ado I'm going to start my journey, and I wont stop until I make all my dreams come true!:s_cool:

PS: I woud like to thank Gabinr1 because he really inspired me!
      Mult noroc si tine-o tot asa Gabi!:D
  • 3 replies
    • sylvian
      sylvian
      Bronze
      WELL THE WEEK IS NOW OVER!

And sadly I didn't achieve all my short term goals. :f_mad:
      But I did manage to achieve silver status! :s_cool:

I palyed SSS at nl10 for a while and manage to make 20$ in 3h, but because of bad luck and some badly played hands I eventualy ended up with 24$ and had to move down to NL2.

So I didn't manage to make 150$ and I didn't clear the bonus.
      Well at least I now have all the silver articles to read!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey sylvian

Good luck with your journey!

Can I suggest not setting any monetary goals for yourself. Poker is full of variance, variance often gets in the way of achieving monetary goals, variance will make you cry. :s_cry: :f_cry:

The study goals are the most valuable - the best you can ever hope for is to play the next hand better than the last one. The cash takes care of itself if you can stick to that mantra and keep a solid bank roll management strategy.

All the best! :s_cool:
    • sylvian
      sylvian
      Bronze
      Hello again!

For the past few days i've been home playing poker :D

So far so good! I've managed to make 4$ in approximatley 4 hours :s_grin:

But the rest is just a knightmare, a lot of bad calls (i really need to learn the odds and outs) and really bad play in general! :f_frown:

My BR is now 24$ out of witch I will only have 10$ because I didn't make 100 party points and my bonus will expire! :f_mad:
      Well at least I didn't lose it all! :f_p:

I will be back in two weeks and continue to play with 10$ and hopefully I won't lose it because of of variance and bad play.

Originally posted by Waiboy
      Hey sylvian

Good luck with your journey!

Can I suggest not setting any monetary goals for yourself. Poker is full of variance, variance often gets in the way of achieving monetary goals, variance will make you cry. :s_cry: :f_cry:

The study goals are the most valuable - the best you can ever hope for is to play the next hand better than the last one. The cash takes care of itself if you can stick to that mantra and keep a solid bank roll management strategy.

All the best! :s_cool:
      Thanks Waiboy, good advice I'll keep that in mind :s_cool: