[NL2-NL10] Nl25 Sss 99

• henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $19,63
      Hero:
      $4,90

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 4 folds, BB calls $1,00, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($2,85) A:spade: , 5:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3,75, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6,60
  • 12 replies
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Nice hand...I'd have played it the same way.

IMHO,
      Kknight
    • henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      but don't you think that the big oversized bet, could mean a flushdraw and he wants the pot right here?
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Possibly...or he could even just be bullying you because you are a short stack...but in either case I don't think you can make the call. Do you have any reads on the opponent? He's putting you all-in and you don't have a very strong hand. You have to be concerned about any spade, any K, Q, J, or T, and potentially any 2 or 3. And of course if he does have an A, you're drawing to two outs.

Personally I think it's better to save the money for a better spot...but this is all IMHO...I'd love to hear if Berliner or Puschkin have other thoughts.

Kknight
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I think it's a clear fold. Even if we are up against a flushdraw we are almost always also up against overcards which means that our opponent has more outs against us than just the :spade: cards in the deck. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If I have reads to opponent, I would call it, because he could make that bet also with 66-88 and of course the flush draw.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      What kind of read? Anything short of "never bets an A here" isn't good enough, and if he does it with 66-88 then he'll be doing it with at least TT and JJ too. Fold, fold, fold.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      That's the point I was trying to make as well, although I phrased it poorly. My point was even in the somewhat "off-chance" that you are ahead here, there are WAY too many cards you don't want to see on the turn or river. Clear fold.

Thanks,
      Kknight
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Whell, you are pre-flop raiser. With ace high board any thinking person will know that you make contibet, and he would check/raise you then all-in if he has set, two pair or even AJ for example. You would probably call, if you have pocket pair, or Ax. So he can´t bluff you with check/raise, so his only option is to bluff on that flop, so you should fold pocket pairs or high cards (although SSS MP2 raising hands are only AQ, AK and I also like to sometimes raise with AJ:) )
      Would you call here with KK? If you would call with KK, then you shouldn´t fold also with 99 imo. But as I said it all depends on your opponent (if he is tight or loose, does he like to make moves and so on) and sometimes when I feel that it is bluff, I would call it down.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      With ace high board any thinking person will know that you make contibet, and he would check/raise you then all-in if he has set, two pair or even AJ for example.
      You are assuming that the opponents at NL25 are thinking people...that's your first mistake ;)

Would you call here with KK?
      In most cases probably not. Although if he had made a small donkbet here with only one overcard on the board, I'd most likely raise...but in that case I'd have potential fold equity. You don't have any fold equity with a call...and IMHO, fold equity is a big part of the SSS.

Kknight
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Would you call here with KK? If you would call with KK, then you shouldn´t fold also with 99 imo. But as I said it all depends on your opponent (if he is tight or loose, does he like to make moves and so on) and sometimes when I feel that it is bluff, I would call it down.
      99 differs a lot from KK in this situation. it's easy to put villain for flushdraw with 2 cards over 9, against which you would have a lot better chances against with KK than 99.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hmm, you are right. Against KJs, I´m even behind, because he has 15 outs. Thanks for discussion.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I didn´t read all the comments, but its an easy fold here. It´s obviously that in 95% of the time our Opponent is holding the Ace or has the Flushdraw. His Donkbet shows us, that he is willing to risk the money for all of our Stack.

Otherwise our Opponent would be a fool.