This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJ on BB - 5NL

• woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      This is the beginning of a 6 buyin downswing

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB(Hero):
      $7.01
      MP1:
      $3.39
      MP2:
      $6.35
      MP3:
      $5.88
      CO:
      $11.50
      BU:
      $4.63
      SB:
      $1.61

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.17, BU calls $0.17, SB folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.53) 8, K, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.53, BU calls $0.53, Hero raises to $1.65, CO calls $1.12, BU folds.

Turn: ($4.36) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.36, CO raises to $8.72, Hero calls $0.83.

River: ($18.27) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.27.

Results follow:

CO shows a flush, ace high(2d 7d).
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks(Kh Jh).

CO wins with a flush, ace high(2d 7d).
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd make it around $2 on the flop to account for the coldcaller, and probably jam any turn against an unknown, they'll show up with top pairs with or without a diamond and likely call it off.

As played the stacks are awkward, i'd probably bet less around $2.7 to maybe get called by more worse Kx hands with or without a diamond, and call it off with a "fuck my life" feeling.

If you think he folds Kx when you bet that turn card then as sad as it sounds it might be a check/fold, there isn't much he can bet with besides a flush when you check to him, most people with Kx won't bet that card even if they have a good redraw they'd rather check behind and hit it, and he can't bet/call that flop with much else that we still beat.

Hope it helps.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Thanks. This is great advice.
      I know its wrong to assume so much, but I figured since he potted the flop that he was protecting a hand (Kx, hopefully KQ, AK). Hence the reason why i went for it on the turn.

The check/fold line on the turn is probably the way to go and really I should've known. You're right, most weak Kings aren't betting on a flush board so I should've just released.