[NL2-NL10] Aa Bb - Nl5

• woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      My Thoughts:
      Preflop is normal. No concerns there.

Post flop:
      CO donk bets. I guess this could be setting off alarm bells since he limped and called my raise which sometimes indicates set mining, but at these limits, I've seen enough crazy things to not trust it.
      I make standard reraise, and get 3 bet. I've seen this numerous times with AK so I just shove over the top.

Post Hand:
      Shed a few tears

Hand converted with online http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker- hand-converter/:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.89
      BB:
      $2.89
      MP1:
      $4.58
      MP2:
      $4.78
      MP3:
      $5.37
      CO:
      $7.30
      BU(Hero):
      $5.45

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.47) 6, J, K (2 players)
      CO bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.25, CO calls $3.75.

Turn: ($10.97) 8 (2 players)

River: ($10.97) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.97.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and eights(Ah As).
      CO shows a full-house, sixs full of eights(6s 6c).

CO wins with a full-house, sixs full

of eights(6s 6c).
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hard to play correctly without information on CO. But think this is fine vs unknown, esp if you see people doing this with kings a lot in your games. You're only really worried about 66, KJ. If he has JJ, KK, he also has AK, KQ. Could be doing this with a draw, or protecting with some sort of king. Although the sizing is kind of weird. Raise/folding is an option vs a very passive player since they would likely call down with worse but only 3bet better.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hard to play correctly without information on CO. But think this is fine vs unknown, esp if you see people doing this with kings a lot in your games. You're only really worried about 66, KJ. If he has JJ, KK, he also has AK, KQ. Could be doing this with a draw, or protecting with some sort of king. Although the sizing is kind of weird. Raise/folding is an option vs a very passive player since they would likely call down with worse but only 3bet better.
      This. Only thing i'd add would be raising bigger preflop, to 5x or even 6x, these players don't care unless you start 10x'ing it, so i see no reason not to get more money in right before the flop.

Hope it helps.