$5.55
      BB:
      $13.55
      MP3:
      $6.61
      CO(Hero):
      $9.54

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, BU folds, SB raises to $0.60, 3 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.35.

My reason for just calling is that I was in position and I didn't have any specific reads on him just yet, so I wanted to see the flop. The SB at the time after 31 hands had stats of AF:24 PR:16.

Is this a call?
      I'm a nit aren't I?
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      You have to be sure that SB has a pretty good hand to raise it out of position against two players unless he is some kind of ninja.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      You have to be sure that SB has a pretty good hand to raise it out of position against two players unless he is some kind of ninja.
      Or he doesn't want to play postflop against 2 opponents with a vulnerable hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine. Even if he's squeezing light sometimes, he'll likely make a c-bet on most boards and you'll miss them 2/3 of the time with AQo. Sometimes you'll make a pair and get a c-bet before he shutdown, but overall it won't balance out the times you make a strong pair and he has a better hand with which he'll stack you.

Staying away from hands like AQo is no big deal, it might be an incorrect fold when you know the player, but if you have no idea what to expect it pretty much guarantees you'll make too many mistakes to play it profitable. When you get enough reasons to think he's often squeezing with garbage or you think you can play that hand profitable because you know his tendencies well enough, go ahead and start calling.

Hope it helps.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Thank you. I was hoping my fold was correct.