$49,80
      BB:
      $50,00
      MP2:
      $154,15
      Hero:
      $50,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      MP2 raises to $1,50, Hero calls $1,50, 2 folds, SB calls $1,25, BB calls $1,00.

Flop: ($6,00) K:club: , 9:heart: , Q:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $4,50, SB calls $4,50, 2 folds.

Turn: ($15,00) 5:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $11,00, Hero ?

I flip if i get it in against utg so i flat with intention to go broke vs a squeezer in the case that the OR folds,
      This might lead to postflop spot like this one.
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      If the two folders were more aggressive than the blinds, your flop line is quite an interesting ploy. If not, I cant see BB or SB *ever* squeezing with a light 3bet (suited connectors or a medium pair). If you went broke vs SB's squeeze as seen so far, you would be throwing away a stack to aces or kings most of the time.

What makes you think you are flipping vs UTG? 28-21 "UTG" in 6h is going to be opening a very wide range (say, 10-12 or so). Queens are 2.5. That puts you in front of 3/4 of UTG' open range. Standard play would be 3bet because you think you are in front.

Postflop, dream flop. Pity MP2 obviously didnt have AK.

Turn line, Hero must at least call - or raise. Just because a flush draw hit doesnt mean SB has the flush yet; he could play this same line (call flop OOP then donk turn) with Kx, 99, any two pairs, even some pairs that missed everything. Then again he might have flopped a straight and suddenly remembered to bet when the flush hit.

Id like to call turn and re-evaluate river. If a club came you cant find a call, but if was a complete blank (2 :diamond:) im finding a call to a reasonable river bet. If it improved me im playing raise-shove.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also think QQ is very strong hand and I also prefer raising it pf, since players can easily 4-bet/call shove with TT/JJ
      or if they b/c, then you can stack them at low board flops

I´d call turn and evaluate river, likely call him down. he is reping flush and I think raising is a little overplaying your hand, since hard to get there vey good shape on the turn,since I´d expect most of the players c/r flop with set and don´t see why SB should c/c flop
    • AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica

What makes you think you are flipping vs UTG? 28-21 "UTG" in 6h is going to be opening a very wide range (say, 10-12 or so). Queens are 2.5. That puts you in front of 3/4 of UTG' open range. Standard play would be 3bet because you think you are in front.

im not flipping against his initial raising range but im flipping against tt+/ak
      and very often people wont push utg vs MP2 with less than QQ+,AKs, its not -EV to go broke right on the spot, but neither is calling. (altough QQ is vulnerable postflop)