SSS predictable?

• altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      I just re-read the SSS, correct me if I'm wrong here, but:

1. If you have a made hand (hit the flop) you bet the pot.

2. If you have a trash hand (missed the flop) you bet half the pot.

If an opponent was watching your behavior, they'd see that whenever you bet half the pot, you can be easily be pushed off with a re-raise?

Or am I missing something here?
  • 7 replies
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Your right this is not a really good move against thinking players but if your starting out short stacking at the lower levels it should be OK. I always contibet 3/4 pot and it works fine for me. I also saw one of the coaches doing this in a coaching some time ago. At least I did now I don´t play that much SSS.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I always contibet depending what the flop is, never really depending on what I have.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Just bet 2/3 of the pot everytime, nevertheless what you have. That should work for the low limits. ;) Later you have to adjust your play more and more and you will learn when you do not c-bet etc.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      The half pot / full pot rule is probably pure EV against NL10 fish and everyone realises sooner or later that it's exploitable and asks either themself or others how to adjust so it's probably not a bad recommendation for beginners.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Exactly. It's just a recommendation for beginners who play on the lowest limits. Against the bad players on these limits it works fine. If you climb up the limits and become a better player you will realize that you have to adjust your game. But at the beginning I would stick to these rules.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      I've found bad players (on NL10) tend to go all-in when they see this raise, and the good players tend to re-raise to 2x my initial raise.

Either way, what do I do in these situations? It starts to become negative EV when I miss the flop and they miss it as well but decide to bet just to push me off.
    • Xzorius
      Xzorius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by altruist
      I've found bad players (on NL10) tend to go all-in when they see this raise, and the good players tend to re-raise to 2x my initial raise.

Either way, what do I do in these situations? It starts to become negative EV when I miss the flop and they miss it as well but decide to bet just to push me off.
      Is you nick "altruistcdn" by any chance?

I've played with you alot mate. Nickname is Greft.

Anyway, sss are predictable if they follow the bet sizes and standard raises from the strategy guides here. Like for example the pot sized bet if they hit the flop and the 2/3 pot sized bet when they didnt. If they follow those rules strickly, it's easy to see if they have a trash hand or not. Making the decision to fold or to reraise much easier.