some agression advice

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      Hi, my game is 6max, bss and nl100 at the moment (sometimes nl200 if see alot of bigstacked fish). My stats are usually 22/15 something.. I have never been a very agressive player. I cant seem to insert very much agression into my game. But its never really been a problem either. Ive been winning despite this. It seems like most online players are too agressive and therefore i dont need to be. They kind of do the betting for me. =)

Anyway, i started a new database a couple of weeks ago and have played 11k hands. And noticed my agression levels have dropped even a little further now. (ive been running good anyway, 11k hands, 13,99bb/100hands) But have started to wonder if i this is a big leak anyway. Or should i just focus on the "green line"? The winning line..

During these 11k hands my agression looks like this:
      ....................AF.............A.Frequency
      Preflop.........1,59...........14,98
      Flop.............1,88............37,45
      Turn.............2,13............43,10
      River............1,83............42,89
      Total............1,94............39,96

What would you the coaches recommend i do? The occasional flop/turn checkraise bluff is of course effective vs regulars who have alot of stats on me as a passive player thinking i never bluff and so on. Any tips?
  • 2 replies
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      i dont think you have anything to worry about looking at those stats, maybe a little more aggressive on the flop, raise a few cbets here and there with your junk hands and check raise a little more.

Like you said though, everyone else is so aggressive though these days its often good to let them hang themself, especially on the river.
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      It all should depend of opponents styles, imo.
      If you have a strong hand hand, then bet more often against passive players to get the value,
      but against aggressive opponents ch/c, ch/r is seems better.

I recommend You to buy "Leak-buster" (which I think is add-on to HM, not sure),
      because this is a really great soft to find Your leaks and work on them.
      It would explain You, how much AF should be at every spot.

Also it is really impossible to say something about your AF averages,
      because it is way more complex than PF, F, T & R aggression frequency.
      We could also add:
      over-pairs, TPTK, TP weak kicker, suited connectors, off-suited connectors, all kind of draws, strong made hands, etc.

And finally - post hands into the forum.

I hope, that helped a bit.