ratio bettwwen FTP and pokerstrategy points

• 19 replies
    • mateo123456
      mateo123456
      Bronze
      Hello,
      $1 Rake = 2 StrategyPoints, 1$ rake = 7 FTP. This is official. But mine statistics show something different. On friday and saturday I played cca 1800 FTP in Iron man I have written 637 and 706 points and in PS 143 and 157. So I dont know now.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by mateo123456
      Hello,
      $1 Rake = 2 StrategyPoints, 1$ rake = 7 FTP. This is official. But mine statistics show something different. On friday and saturday I played cca 1800 FTP in Iron man I have written 637 and 706 points and in PS 143 and 157. So I dont know now.
      Happy hour?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      I have found that my ratio has come down slightly also
    • mateo123456
      mateo123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Originally posted by mateo123456
      Hello,
      Happy hour?
      It should be, but points from happy hours are counting same for iron man. Even no, points from iron man should be logical to strategy points. but they arent.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

These is how the full tilt points are collected:

Ring Games: For each dollar raked from a pot, every player who was dealt cards for that hand will receive 1 Full Tilt Point. For example, if $2.00 in rake is taken from a pot, each player who was dealt cards will receive 2 points. Fractional points are also awarded; if $2.25 in rake is taken, players will receive 2.25 points. A maximum of 3 points can be earned per hand.

Tournaments: For every dollar paid in Multi-Table Tournament or Sit & Go fees, you'll receive 7 Full Tilt Points. There is no limit to the number of points you can earn per tournament. For example, if you play in a tournament with a $10 buy-in and a $1 tournament fee, you'll receive 7 points; if you play in a tournament with a $200 buy-in and a $16 tournament fee, you'll receive 112 points.
      Since you are talking about the cash games, you should receive two strategy points per one full tilt point.

Best regards,

Primzi
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze

Since you are talking about the cash games, you should receive two strategy points per one full tilt point.
      I'm putting in 200+ FP days for Iron Man and getting about 50SPs for it. That's 100% cash games.
    • tagfish20
      tagfish20
      Bronze
      @tokyoaces,extpan i think there is no direct ratio between ftp points and ps point...As what i know rake and ftp point doesnt correlate with each other.In example $3 rake in a pot (9 handed)gives 3 ftp points to all players dealt but since ftp uses dealt rake method...The actual rake as you may say you contributed to the pot was $.33 since $3/9...Now for that rake u get .66 ps points ($1 rake=2 ps points)...All in all in that hand alone u will get 3 ftp points and .66 ps points.I hope this may help and someone correct me if im wrong.Goodluck

sorry for the confusion guys what im trying to say was that theres no direct correlation between rake and ftp points earned... I somehow calculated the ratio between ftp points and ps points and the results was 3:1,4:1,5:1 for 6handed,9handed, and tournament respectively.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      I think you should get roughly 2 PS points for 7 ftp whether it is cash or tournament. but the ratio has lowered recently for me maybe it is because I play a lot of rush and the ratio is different there. Also mind that it does not take into account ftp won through happy hours. finally you rakeback is affected by a lot of things and can be a lot lower if you have used ftp or if you have deposited, withdrawn or unlocked a bonus.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tagfish20
      i think there is no direct ratio between ftp points and ps point...
      You sir are absolutely correct. (Also welcome to PokerStrategy!)

On Feb 4 here's what I got:
      MGR: ~$25
      FTPs: ~200
      Rake: ~$23
      SPs: ~45

So the SPs/Rake corollate and the FTP/MGR does too. However there's not really any relation between the Rake and MGR groups ...

So it's 2 SP per $1 Rake that you personally pay regardless of your rakeback debt. FTPs and MGR don't factor into it at all.
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      There is a ratio depending on what game you play.
      For me it was /4 when is was sss'ing, /4.5 playing rush and something like /2.5 when i was playing sh omaha.
      If you start mixing games in a day you're screwed :D
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Everything I posted above was from only NL25 Rush. I can't see any obvious relationship between FTPs and SPs. In fact there cannot be one since one is based on MGR and the other on rake paid.
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Everything I posted above was from only NL25 Rush. I can't see any obvious relationship between FTPs and SPs. In fact there cannot be one since one is based on MGR and the other on rake paid.
      200/45= 4.5 you have the same ratio as me on rush. and rake is then half of the 45 which is about 26 and you get 27% back of that every week.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I have to say I'm getting pretty much exactly 40 SPs for every 100 FTPs. I even get 1$ rakeback for every 7.4 SPs. Everything seems to be pretty much linear and exactly as it's supposed to be. I'm playing NLSH but I don't really see how that is relevant..

Lubor
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      It seems like no one responding to this thread understands the fundamental difference between rake paid and MGR.

MGR is the "dealt rake" that shared by everyone at the table. This is this best form of calculation for us because you can play a tight aggressive game but still get decent rakeback. This is especially good for SS because you don't play many hands and you can never play a big pot.

Paid rake is the amount of rake that was directly taken from pots you won. Conceptually it is the amount of extra money you would have won if the card room didn't take their cut.

Quite often these two values are very close. However certain play styles can separate them. For example my SS hands show extreme differences. At NL100 the MGR is double what the Rake is. (No wonder FTP wanted to kill short-stacking ... they were pretty much giving SSers 54% effective rakeback, wow.)

Look ma! I learned somfin'! :D
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      LET ME CLEAR THINGS UP

if you play cash only and 9max and there is no situations that there are less then 9ppl at your table you have this ratio bettween all:
      (no matter how many table you play - and if it rush or regular)
      the exact ftp count is by the iron man one.

9ftps=1rake=2sp=0.27$rakeback

6max

6ftps=1rake=2sp=0.27$rakeback
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      and to culculate your rakeback by exact way is to
      add all SP from tousday-monday and divide by 7.4
      you will get the exact amount
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by advola
      LET ME CLEAR THINGS UP

Nope.

I posted an example above.
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Silver
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by advola
      LET ME CLEAR THINGS UP

Nope.

I posted an example above.
      What you quoted from advola is for FR (if we suppose there are only full tables) also he mentioned SH but he forgot SNGs/MTTs where 7FTP=1$Rake=2sp=0,27rb

This thread is still about how to calculate rake from Full Tilt Points (aka FTPs) and FTP still has dealt rake so don't overcalculate things :s_biggrin:
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      How can you see how many FPT points did you make lifetime on fulltilt poker?( if you use all FTP points for BUY-in)