[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - 2 hands

• altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      0/0 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, SB calls $0.45, BB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.35) J:diamond: , J:club: , 9:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3.35, SB raises to $3.40 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $5.75

Comment:
      I folded my hand here, was this a mistake? I'm thinking I'm up against two opponents, they both called a large raise (likely holding high cards), there's a good chance someone has that J or pocket 9s.

0/0 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:club: , T:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, SB raises to $0.75, BB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) 2:heart: , 8:heart: , T:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.55) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($3.95) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2.83 (All-In), Hero raises to $2.83 (All-In), SB calls $2.33.

Final Pot: $9.61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ Kh, Kd ] a flush, King high
      Hero shows [ Tc, Ts ] three of a kind, Tens

Comment:
      Did I make a serious mistake here?
      1. If he had a flush, which was unlikely based on the preflop raise and heads up, if the board paired (which happened to me on various occasions when I had the flush) he'd be likely to pay me off.
      2. If he didn't have the flush, I have the best hand and he's not very likely to draw out on me. If he was drawing a heart I had better odds than him, not to mention 4 hearts would be accounted for, he'd only has 10 outs.

After the results:
      3. After the hand, I'm thinking I made a mistake, but if I pushed him at the flop, considering he had KK and a single heart, and the odds that I had the hearts, he'd probably have gone all-in and the result would've been the same?
  • 4 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      But you have only $0.50 left, so you are getting 11:1 Pot Odds and you at least have 2 Outs, maybe 3 if the Jack is clean. And often they just push or Call with the 9 or an Overpair. So I would have called, especially on NL 10.

Hand 2.)
      Easy push here, it looks like he eitherway has a Flushdraw and hope to block bet you. You have 7 Outs for the Turn and 10 Outs for the River if he calls you. And if he has an Overpair with one heart, so it be, then he only has 10 Outs and your push is still +EV. :)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi altruist!

Stack sizes would be helpful.

Hand 1) Depending on your remaining stack it is a push or fold. If you played strictly according to the short stack strategy you had to go all-in.

Hand 2) Your stack size seems to be too big for the short stack strategy. I would raise on the flop and push on the turn because only a flush beats you and even if you are behind: you have a lot of outs to your full house.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Yeah I think I posted in the wrong section, both times I had around $5.. so this would be more of a MSS or a BSS hand. Sorry.

If I had to call $3 both times, should I still have pushed?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      No in both hands you would have a clear fold if you would have to call $3 on the last street (turn in Hand 1, river in Hand 2).

Oh and btw: Don't raise on the river in Hand 2! You could easily have the worse hand here. Any :heart: beats you.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81