The ID checks are getting out of hand

• pkrgerman012
      pkrgerman012
      Bronze
      Ok I have referred 4 players to this site. Did not use the refer a friend function as I feel your first $50 was generous enough. Needless to say 3 out of the 4 were asked for ID. One of my friends lives in Canada, and does not have access to a scanner. Also a fax to germany would cost him over $5.00. I doubt he is going to spend the money for bonus money on a site.

I referred my friends to your site, because I liked the site and the hassle free aspect of getting free money and poker advice. Now with these ID checks I look like a fool. I don't like being made to look like a fool, and will cease playing on party poker unless I feel a sufficient answer is given.

I understand the need to protect yourself against abusers, but this is getting rediculous.
  • 18 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Just a quote from an old thread:

Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi guys! Let me explain the following to you. That's what we hear from some people when it takes some time to transfer the money, change accounts, answer your tickets or anything else:

Originally posted by SexTeacher
      hello again.

you said that I get my money that very day 2 days agoo.. but stilll didn't received itt :( .. are there any problems or what??

thanks in advancee

glenn
      Originally posted by Stained2
      ye me neither, this is a scam
      Stained did not only registered once at PokerStrategy, but 8 times! And with every account he tried to get money from us. Because of these people we have to make ID-Checks and phone calls. That's why it sometimes takes so long until you get your money or an answer to your ticket. We would like to fasten the process, but because of cheaters like Stained, PokerStrategy needs a security system which costs a lot of time.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      Getting rediculous? Sir, this is a business, not some kind of a charity.If he doesnt want to spend 5 bucks to recive 150 thats just fine, he can choose not to do it.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Well.. People are afraid to send their copied IDs to some site. Or they just think its a scam...
    • Phisherman
      Phisherman
      Black
      why would his friends think it's a scam after he already got the bonus?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Don't know... I present this site to many of my friends... Some of them are pretty skeptical... The one that tried and registered, are of course satisfied. But they wouldn't do ID checks...
    • tatydt99
      tatydt99
      Bronze
      hi i emailed photos of my driving lisence in last night
      where can i find out if the photos have been accepted i had to use a camera phone so the quality is not the best
      cheers david
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi tatydt99!

If your ID check is ok we will transfer the money to your account. Otherwise you will get informed by our support team.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • tatydt99
      tatydt99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi tatydt99!

If your ID check is ok we will transfer the money to your account. Otherwise you will get informed by our support team.

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
      ok cheers for getting back to me :D
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Well.. People are afraid to send their copied IDs to some site. Or they just think its a scam...
      Well i didnt have to send an ID check, but my friend, he said he blocked out his Social Security code, there was nothing else important there, he still got the money.And the adress confirming letter was a meaningless letter from the bank, no extra info about him besides the adress.

Bottom line is that they only need the info from the letters that you have put into this site...
    • Mpokerplyr
      Mpokerplyr
      Bronze
      I referred some chaps as well, all of which were asked to provide identification. No one I am friends with is stupid enough to transmit such personal information over the internet, nor pay for a fax.

Why not just ID check everyone?? Then ur site can go out of business from lack of players, and all will be well.

Also I have a few friends who are party affiliates and their transfers are running fine.

Anymore bullshit you guys want to spew?
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mpokerplyr
      I referred some chaps as well, all of which were asked to provide identification. No one I am friends with is stupid enough to transmit such personal information over the internet, nor pay for a fax.
      You do claim, that you (and your chaps) aren't stupid and all, but that fax fee can be looked as a small investment (if you really are that paranoid that you won't send it over the net), you pay some $1-$3 and you get $150 in return, besides the money you also receive priceless poker education. $3 won't kill anyone, just leave out desert on your lunch for one day and you have your fax fee.
    • Mpokerplyr
      Mpokerplyr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ohmu
      You do claim, that you (and your chaps) aren't stupid and all, but that fax fee can be looked as a small investment (if you really are that paranoid that you won't send it over the net), you pay some $1-$3 and you get $150 in return, besides the money you also receive priceless poker education. $3 won't kill anyone, just leave out desert on your lunch for one day and you have your fax fee.
      It's not 150.00. You have to play THOUSANDS of hands to get the extra 100.
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      It's not 150.00. You have to play THOUSANDS of hands to get the extra 100.
      During which you will learn how to apply the theories you read from PokerStrategy into practice...
      And I did say investment, if you want bigger risks and higher payoff, go play on the stock market or with Forex, but please stop acting like a baby who wants everything spoonfeed to him.
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze

Why not just ID check everyone?? Then ur site can go out of business from lack of players, and all will be well.

Also I have a few friends who are party affiliates and their transfers are running fine.

Anymore bullshit you guys want to spew?

Oh i really don't get people like you.Who came to your bet at night, pointed the gun at you and told you to register with Pokerstrategy?Everyone has the right to choose, if you dont want the free 150 the fine, deposit money yourself or whatever.Honestly, what can you do to a person knowing his name and adress? Hire a hitman?How profitable is that?
    • sm9ai
      sm9ai
      Bronze
      I wonder how many people who complain about ID checks have their name, age, workplace, date of birth, friends, schooling history etc. on sites such as Facebook.

If you do offers on the Internet it is generally expected to go through the ID checks. Just scan, (or take a picture of) your driving license, black out sensitive information and keep it on your computer for all the other offers that crop up from time to time.
    • jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      I think the Id checks are jut a simple way to stop fraud, it cant prvent it completely but if it prevents some its a good idea.

fortunately i didnt have to do it here, because im well knowing and played on so many sites... so i guess they have resources to find you and see if your legit.

but i did sign up with another site who asked everyone to scan license...

All i did was take a photo scratch the number....

Just says my name has my pic... and i emailed it case closed..

I agree it can be irritating but for 50 bucks i have no issue...

Anyway i suspect if they dont want to give id at all then theres something going on....

My two cents..
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jefeche
      fortunately i didnt have to do it here, because im well knowing and played on so many sites... so i guess they have resources to find you and see if your legit.
      ID checks are random or if they got a special reason to check it up(like same IP-adress or similar) as far as I know.. Most people never get checked up on
    • aeroroger
      aeroroger
      Bronze
      Another good thing makes is that people under 18, cant get 50$.