[NL2-NL10] NL10 - first folded set

• zephyro3
      Joined table about 10 minutes previously, only hand villain went to showdown with was when he rr jammed with AKo pre. My impression was that he was an aggrodonk, especially pre. Couldn't bring myself to call even though I thought at the time there was a decent chance I was good, what do you think? Villain's comments included for effect (lol).

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , J:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) T:spade: , J:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.65) 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB calls $1.30.

River: ($4.25) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $9.45 (All-In), BB said, "jihiiii", BB said, "moron", Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.25
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

Odd. By default i'm probably not folding a set against that guy, he looks retarded and knowing he could do that with garbage or some crap like AT thinking it's for value would haunt me.

That being said his comments in the chat really look like he wants a call and KQ is a credible hand for him to have if he's bad enough to "slowplay" it like that, so i don't hate a fold either against a 2x overbet.

Really one those spots where you gotta play with the guy to know what's going on. Just don't sweat the money during the hand and go with your guts, if they're wrong they'll have to learn somehow ;)

Hope it helps.
    • zephyro3
      Thanks for the reply, marginal spots with sets don't happen too often! FWIW I tend to believe his bet and think he had 98, even though he is clearly a tard.
    • buhhy
      Though from experience, I find alot of micro players will try to slowplay, then find they can't get all in, so they overshove/bet the river, trying to value. I think it's very read dependent, if you've seen him overvalue top pair or 2 pair or actually shove bluff, then call, otherwise it's a fold.