$10.00
      SB:
      $10.25
      BB:
      $8.63
      MP2:
      $6.90

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, CO folds, BU calls $0.35, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.85) 6, J, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU raises to $1.45, Hero raises to $5.20, BU raises to $9.65, Hero calls $4.45.

Turn: ($20.15) 6 (2 players)

River: ($20.15) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.15.

Known players : CO: 86/4/0/1.2 43hands
      (VPIP,PFR,3b,AF) BU: 18/12/14.3/inf 43 hands (likes to 3 bet,went to SD with
      bs 3/4 time - 4 hands)
      SB,BB: nits
      Preflop: I think preflop raise here good is fine (althought it's bottom of my
      range there prolly) as I want to play K9s against CO and valuebet
      him hard(even OOP).

Flop: What can his raise mean here? 66,AQ,AJ,KQ,QJs,JTs and prolly 78c,89c. I
      think he would 3bet JJ+,AKo (maybe not - small sample). If I'm right I'm
      almost breaking even here. I also don't want to just call and c/f turn
      unimproved. What's the best play here?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Preflop: Fine. You really want to play against CO with K9s. Everyone else is a nit, so it will be HU most of the time. Plus your hand is good multiway if the blinds come along.

Flop: 66. JQs, AQ, maybe KQ JJ, lots of draws, sometimes bluffs. Really shouldn't have Jx here. 3bet/calling is fine. You're usually going to be slightly behind if he shoves, but will def get enough folds for this to be profitable. Calling, it will be quite hard to extract value OOP when you hit, and it sux to c/f turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Preflop: Fine. You really want to play against CO with K9s. Everyone else is a nit, so it will be HU most of the time. Plus your hand is good multiway if the blinds come along.

Flop: 66. JQs, AQ, maybe KQ JJ, lots of draws, sometimes bluffs. Really shouldn't have Jx here. 3bet/calling is fine. You're usually going to be slightly behind if he shoves, but will def get enough folds for this to be profitable. Calling, it will be quite hard to extract value OOP when you hit, and it sux to c/f turn.
      Hard to say for sure but 18/12 players usually aren't in the habit of raising top pairs on the flop. Regardless you've got enough equity to go broke on that flop against most ranges, the only really being how you can possibly get rid of hands that you're not doing so good against or his weaker hands. Can he fold top pairs if he has them, can he fold the nutflush draw? If yes, how? Will a shove look stronger to him than your 5$ 3bet, or will it look exactly like a draw thus ensuring he's not fold these hands? Your call.

Hope it helps.