[NL2-NL10] NL10SH KK facing strange river bet, KK AJx river value bet (same opponent)

• Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU(Hero):
      $10.30
      SB:
      $9.75
      BB:
      $18.29
      MP3:
      $15.63
      CO:
      $10.10

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, SB folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) 7, Q, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.95) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20.

River: ($4.35) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $8.95.

BB VPIP59/PFR13/3b6.9/1.5AF (takes wtf lines, no SD)

Standart until turn. After this errr turn, my line is bet/fold here right? What can the villain bet here? In case he doesn't bet the river am I going to thin value bet or take free SD?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB(Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $26.40
      MP3:
      $10.33
      CO:
      $16.73
      BU:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.1) A, J, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.3) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, MP2 calls $1.30.

River: ($4.9) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $4.9.

I bet/fold turn here to get value from draws and 8x hands. Do I want to thin value bet the river and try to get value from 9T,8x or take a free showdown?
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      First hand, he has a pretty wide range for betting the river, but it's almost universally for value since there aren't really any busted draws. It could be a Qx hand, TJ, some random 2 pair, maybe a set. Though sets and 2 pairs would likely C/R the turn, the board is pretty dry. I'd call and make a note though expect to be beat a fair amount.

Second hand, you won't be getting value from 8x on the turn very often. Not that many players float twice with bottom pair. The river completes a couple draws; worse hands will rarely be calling here so checking is probably the right choice. I think betting the turn was already borderline and betting river would be spewy.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by buhhy
      First hand, he has a pretty wide range for betting the river, but it's almost universally for value since there aren't really any busted draws. It could be a Qx hand, TJ, some random 2 pair, maybe a set. Though sets and 2 pairs would likely C/R the turn, the board is pretty dry. I'd call and make a note though expect to be beat a fair amount.

Second hand, you won't be getting value from 8x on the turn very often. Not that many players float twice with bottom pair. The river completes a couple draws; worse hands will rarely be calling here so checking is probably the right choice. I think betting the turn was already borderline and betting river would be spewy.
      This. As for your line in the first hand when he raises the turn it depends on the player, that turn card surely completed some draws and made two pairs hands possible, but you'll see spazzy players suddenly check/raise stuff like Qx with a gutshot there, so i'm not always bet/folding. If he checks the river it's still a clear valuebet, he'd still play a ton of worse Qx hands like that and if he had anything better he'd likely either raise earlier or take that c/c c/c donk "slowplay" line that the fish love.

Hope it helps.