Stack
      Hero:
      $4.76
      MP2:
      $5.17
      MP3:
      $5.38

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , A:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.74) 6:spade: , A:club: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.53, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.53.

Turn: ($1.80) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

River: ($4.20) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.52, Hero calls $1.52.

Final Pot: $7.24

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Td Ah)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, sevens (7c 7s)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, sevens (7c 7s)
      i find this type of hands very hard to play . help
  • 3 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      I generally wouldn't raise ATo from the blinds since it's pretty loose. MP2 and MP3 look pretty tight passive so I'd expect to see them limp/call PF with low PP, SC and maybe weaker Ax like AJ-. I think it's fine as played since the river bet is so small
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think raising is ok since these guys will often be folding pre or on the flop. Checking is also fine if you don't have much history on player, since playing in these spots can often be very tricky without good reads.

Flop: Fine

Turn: Expect range to be 66, 77, 67s, 89s, 45s, suited aces, sometimes stuff like 88-99 that he limped pre. Your actually not doing that well here equity wise. Value betting a second time should be contingent on whether he will call down with the bottom of his range. If yes, I plan to bet/fold smallish on the turn and river. If no, I would check/call at least once since he should be betting most of his range for value/protection/freeshowdown. Would then decide what to do based on river card / bet sizing / history.

River: Am calling on the chance that he valuebets aces thin. If MP3 checks stuff like this behind, then ez fold since you don't beat anything. Without reads calling is for information as much as anything.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think raising is ok since these guys will often be folding pre or on the flop. Checking is also fine if you don't have much history on player, since playing in these spots can often be very tricky without good reads.

Flop: Fine

Turn: Expect range to be 66, 77, 67s, 89s, 45s, suited aces, sometimes stuff like 88-99 that he limped pre. Your actually not doing that well here equity wise. Value betting a second time should be contingent on whether he will call down with the bottom of his range. If yes, I plan to bet/fold smallish on the turn and river. If no, I would check/call at least once since he should be betting most of his range for value/protection/freeshowdown. Would then decide what to do based on river card / bet sizing / history.

River: Am calling on the chance that he valuebets aces thin. If MP3 checks stuff like this behind, then ez fold since you don't beat anything. Without reads calling is for information as much as anything.
      I agree mostly, tho on the river the only small aces we beat are A2/A8/A9, 89 got there, so did 54 and every possible pair+gutshot on the turn that might constitute the bottom of villain's range. I think it's a check/fold more than a check/call once you decide not to bet, especially since i don't think a 16/8/2 is the type of player to valuebet the Ax hands we beat in the first place.

Hope it helps.