UTG ($9.01)
      UTG+1 ($2.62)
      UTG+2 ($5.40)
      MP1 ($14.71)
      Hero ($7.82)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($4.40)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.36, fold, BTN calls $0.36, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.93) 4:spade: 6:spade: K:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($0.93) 4:spade: 6:spade: K:spade: 5:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.93, Hero calls $0.93

RIVER ($2.79) 4:spade: 6:spade: K:spade: 5:heart: 3:club:

Hero ????

Villain is a plays pretty random, pulls weird bluffs and raises. I was planning to pot control but the turn overbet smelled of a fairly strong hand. I planned to C/C a small-medium bet on the river since there's 4 to a straight, 3 to a flush and this villain is capable of playing ATC.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's a really tough guessing game you managed to put yourself into. Why not just bet that flop for value and go broke against his smallish stack, since he's capable of pulling weird shit with a naked spade or something on that board?

As played i have no idea really. Would check back a made flush? Is it odd that he didn't take a stab at the flop if with his air, or does he usually only starts stabbing at the turn? Can he "valuebet" stuff like two pairs or a straight even tho this is a 3-flushed board? (if not, then his range is more polarized to slowplayed stuff and pure air).

With a read that he's capable of pulling weird stuff i'd probably just call him down at that point unless i thought the flop check back was odd on his part, but really you're likely better off going at it another way.

Hope it helps.