This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KJ on J84s

• AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $205,90
      Hero:
      $50,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , J:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, SB calls $1,25, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,50) 8:club: , 4:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,50, SB raises to $9,50, Hero raises to $48,50 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $22,50

Overplayed ?
      problem is we are crushed if he has it but flip against a lot of draws, still there are too many ugly turns so i dont see how we can play c/r turn in this spot. Obiosuly he can often bluff with air on this board but usually i wouldnt except him to aifbluff that huge looked more like a draw to me
  • 2 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I dont like to play marginal hands so strong against unknowns.
      I think I would fold this one on flop and pay attention to his game later.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since it is unknown player I think I would likely play it b/c flop and then decide if I want to shove turn
      He isn´t reping really too much, but if he has set, then you´re almost dead and against smt like 9Tcc you´re also behind and he can easily there c/r, call shove with flushdraw+overcard, like Qxcc, likely QTcc or Q9cc or somehow decides to play AJ that strong
      Anyway you should get a lot more info on the turn and if he fires big again when draw completes I think you have easy fold