Putting the pieces together by E

• Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Well, here am i. Starting my own blog which i planed for a while now.

Introduction:

I am 22 years old student from Slovenia. I study mechanical engineering, and in free time i play poker obviously.This is my last year at university so soon some things will change in my personal life. There is a possibility that i will study some more for another 2 years, but i havent decided yet, since i have some alternatives and would like to persue those goals.

Poker so far:

I have registered here on PS a while ago. It was like 3 years more or less. First played fixed limit, later no limit and then switched from FR to SH some time ago.
      Nowdays i play NL25. I have played NL100 in June last year very succesfully over a decent amount of hands, but somehow that didnt go the way i wanted. Had a combination of downswing/running below EV/playing bad/ tilting and it all resulted in big blow to my bankroll. I was stubborn and refused to move down to NL 50 soon enough, and here is my punishment for that. I am now at NL25.

Plans in future:

This month is great. I am playing much more then i used to. My average was like 10-15k hands a month which is ....well.....just sad.Until today i have around 7k hands which is nice. Also i am watching a lot of videos lately. And i am not only watching them. I try to implement the decision making process into my mind, and i make my own notes meanwhile when i watch a video, so at the end i can go over them really fast. So basically improving and playing more is my goal and i hope i can move back to NL50 pretty soon.
      I have also noticed that i was somehow result oriented when bad days started. So i tend not to check how my session went anymore. If i made some $ or not. I just check the amount of hands i have played and rethink marked hands and post them if necessarily.

This blog aint gonna be just about poker. It will be some sort of poker, lifestyle, life kind of a blog. That should be enough for the first post. I will yoon share with you some possibily interesting ideas, that that i am lately thinking about. If you are humble enough to come back to read my blog ofc :) To some it might seem really interesting, for others really lame. But what can you do, this is life. :P

See you soon, E
  • 15 replies
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Just got home from cinema. Perfect time to hit the tables ;) Here we go...
    • limonek
      limonek
      Bronze
      gl... and im sure gona follow this one :)
    • SamoB25
      SamoB25
      Bronze
      Good luck :D
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      all the best :s_cool:
    • zimuks
      zimuks
      Bronze
      I will follow :)
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Today i have played quite a lot .Not THAT many hands though, but its all 4/5 tabling.But time wise its altogether 6,4h.My record i guess :D

[img][IMG]https://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9743/day.jpg[/IMG][/img]

Weather forecast for our country for next few days: Snow, snow and more snow. And i like it that way. Nevetheless, it's winter right? So basically i have nothing better to do then grind. I hoped that i will have time to go snowboarding these days, but unfortunately i left my snowboard in Ljubljana where i study.So that will have to wait for some time.I expect to put in a decent volume of hands tomorrow too.

Another thing: i think i asked this pretty much everyone i know, so lets try:

"With a rope we attach on a cats tail a tin. Then we throw the tin on floor and because of noise cat runs away. Faster the cat is running, louder the noise of a tin is,louder the noise is => faster the cat. When the cat reaches speed of light? "

Answers :f_biggrin: ?
    • limonek
      limonek
      Bronze
      hmm i still think the cat can not run faster that her predispositions are :) so even if the can gets louder cat will run at her top speed :) ... so the answer: NEVER :P

you should post some hands for us n00bs to learn sth from your blog :)
    • SamoB25
      SamoB25
      Bronze
      if it could run that fast, it would never reach the speed of light, because it wouldn't hear the noise anymore, when it would reach the speed of sound, and it would stop. :) therefore, it would run periodically from zero to 333 m/s or speed of sound and then start over :)
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Ahahaha :D Correct !
      I like your post very much :P
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Here is a hand that i am trying to analyse, but with no success until now. I would appreciate if someone could correct me if i made a mistake and enlighten me.

Hero raises 7h8h to 0,80$ Villain 1 calls 0.8$0, villain 2 raises to 2,40$, hero calls 1,80 villain 1 calls 1.80.

FLOP: (7.80) Qh 9h 2c
      Villain 2 check, hero bets 4,80$ villain shoves to 15,21$, hero calls 10,41$?

Pot odds= 2,67: 1 =27% We need 2:1 pot odds to hit flush till river, so we call, cuz if we hit we are good.

Now lets say we KNOW villain 1 has Ad Qc. Agains this hand we have on this flop 39,8% equity .

So EVcall = 0,398*(7,80+4,80+15,21+10,41)-0,602*(10,41)
      Evcall=8,94
      This suggest we should call.

I hit flush on the river, and won the pot
      However, if i look up this hand in my holdem manager:

Total pot was 38,22
      Rake : 1,91
      WIN = 18,5$
      EV diff= -21,86$
      Why EV diff is negative? How come? What am i missing?

And another thing (total pot-rake) /2= 18,155
      Why the difference between 18,155$ and amount of actually won(18,5$). This has probably something to do with the way rake is calculated.

Thx,E
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi Ensyfer =)

Missed your blog, shame on me =) )

Im gonna follow it from now though :P

Wish you luck! I hope youll crush NL50 tables soon ;)

About the hand.. The EV diff has to be negative. It doesnt care about your pot odds which made your call profitable in the long run.. It only cares about the fact that you were underdog when the money went in.. Even if the pot was lets say 100$ and you would have to call some ridiculously small amount like 3$ with your FD, EV will still show you were behind when the money went in. So your EV line goes down..
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Hi Ensyfer =)

Missed your blog, shame on me =) )

Im gonna follow it from now though :P

Wish you luck! I hope youll crush NL50 tables soon ;)

About the hand.. The EV diff has to be negative. It doesnt care about your pot odds which made your call profitable in the long run.. It only cares about the fact that you were underdog when the money went in.. Even if the pot was lets say 100$ and you would have to call some ridiculously small amount like 3$ with your FD, EV will still show you were behind when the money went in. So your EV line goes down..
      Thx for support Quadre!

Just got home from university.Gonna hit the tables in a hour or so. Updates coming soon.
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Here am i again. Lately i have been playing poker quite a lot. Something like 1,5- 2,5k hands a day. ( 4 -6 tabling ) And results? Cant say anything because i dont know :) I have a good feeling, though. I have decided not to check my balance during or after the session. I just try to focus only on making the best possible decisions and everything else is irrelevant. I have a feeling that my game improved a lot lately. Watched and rewatched some videos from DC and i can tell you that my motivation went through the roof! I also am playing far better then i used to, making less mistakes, thinking about certain players and possibilities how to exploit some regulars ...
      Its really funny how your game starts to get worse and worse, if you dont try to improve on regular basis. Its like a switch... A game on / A game off.

Another thing: I visited an see aquarium today and i touched a " :s_grin: ":D It was a small shark, indeed, but nevertheless:D ( 70cm long) It was great experience since i only saw them on TV untill now, but never actually seen one in real life. Still have all fingers, thats good.

I have some interesting hands which i would like to post, but unfortunately i play on ladbrokes now, and until now i didnt find any handconverter that would work.

Cya soon,
      E
    • SamoB25
      SamoB25
      Bronze
      You can send me a couple of hand history examples and I can make a converter for you...
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Yow !

Havent posted for a while, i know, shit happens. February was quite sucessful month for me, but march started pretty bad. Perhaps that's why i didnt find any joy in updating. In last days i have worked on my game quite a lot and the graph goes up again. Not that i have changed my game a lot, but its kind of psychological thing. I ran kinda bad + stacked of some stacks due to tilt and bad play. Shoulda work on that thou...
      If anyone of you reading this doesnt know who is balugawhale and hasnt seen his small stackes videos.... go watch them ASAHP !!! I mean it, this is puuuuure gold. His explanations are SOOO good + he is fun to listen to. If i had to point out one single thing that improved my game the most, that would be it.

Gotta go to uni soon. Today i need to practise morse code for my fridays exam of navigation. Its not that hard really as you might have thought. After that some poker action, mby watch a video we will see.

@ samob25: Is that offer for making me converted still valid? :) If yeah, that would be awesome. At first i didnt think i need it, but now i would actually enjoy posting some hands here and then.

Cya, Ensyfer