First big MTT win :)

• santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Yesterday I made my first big 1st place.

http://www.pokerprolabs.com/3177131A7CCA4A6E56C9BE97295D3CED/Tournament_5D994CACF27EEBD03259F3F05E44B8A1.aspx

I was a bit disapointed with poker. This brings me some fresh air, for sure :)
      My bankroll is about 7x bigger now (Around 1.5k) :) :)

I lost some money before on NL10 Rush, but I think It realy paid off. My pos-flop game is way better than 1 month ago.

What to do with my new boosted bankroll?

1) Cash out some $, as I'm not that good player yet.
      2) Play some NL25 Rush, improve my pos-flop game even more and get gold status (to be able to read more articles, etc)?
      3) Play bigger tourneys ($10, $12)?

I'm thinking about 2 and 3. Better pos-flop game, more articles... Maybe this combined with Iron Man :)
      I think I'll pass option 1 for now, as I don't need the extra $ right now...

Edit: URL updated.
  • 13 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Page '/3177131A7CCA4A6E56C9BE9295D3CED/Tournament_5D994CACF27EEBD03259F3F05E44B8A1.aspx' not found. Check URL please!

1st or 3rd options imo, why the f would you play nl25 if you wasn't beating nl10
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I don't have a decent sample in NL10 (only 3 or 4k hands). I try to believe it was a downswing :f_eek:

I do better in MTTs, sure. But I think I need some cash games to inprove my play...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Then keep playing nl10, you will still improve your game.. I'm sure that you aren't going to beat nl25 if you have only played up to 4k hands nl10 lifetime.. To be honest, if you really want to improve your game, play up to 4 regular tables instead of rush and pay cloooooose attention to what's going on, make notes etc, THINK, THINK, THINK, it will be worth it.
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Then keep playing nl10, you will still improve your game.. I'm sure that you aren't going to beat nl25 if you have only played up to 4k hands nl10 lifetime.. To be honest, if you really want to improve your game, play up to 4 regular tables instead of rush and pay cloooooose attention to what's going on, make notes etc, THINK, THINK, THINK, it will be worth it.
      +1 True story
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      keep playing tourneys. cash is a totally different game , it doesn't mean you will improve if you play cash. definitely don't play rush.

i recommend starting some HUsngs to improve..
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Without any proven record I don't see that moving up after a big cash makes any sense at all. Keep playing at your current limit till you can see you're beating it over a period of time (ie you could be an overall loser at a limit, but have had a decent sample where you are winning).

Barring that, you could always move up when you feel comfortable. Moving up because you think the fish won't suck out on you as much at a higher limit is NOT a reason to move up, just in case you were considering this! Ofc, taking the odd shot at a higher limit is okay, but if you run bad/play bad gtfo.

If you decide MTTs/SnGs is the way forward, then again, pick a lowish limit a learn to beat that game, maybe taking the odd shot at higher buyins, but having the discipline to not blow your windfall.

Once you've worked out what BR you need to play that given limit (be it cash or tourneys), withdraw the rest IMO. You can always redeposit if you figure you are killing a limit and wanna take shots at moving up.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Withdraw 1k.

Enjoy yourself.

Stay at NL10.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Withdraw 1k.

Enjoy yourself.

Stay at NL10.
      This
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Buy PT3 and learn how to use it. If you like Rush Poker it is compatible now

Play BSS NL25. Get rakeback

Congratulations!!!
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i would say transfer half of it to another platform to get first deposit bonus and just try it out and use proper BR management on each separately
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      i would say transfer half of it to another platform to get first deposit bonus and just try it out and use proper BR management on each separately
      +2

Use it to get bonuses and unlock the bonuses getting better at NL10 imho
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      Good point. I thought about PokerStars, because of the MTTs. But I'd have to play some cash games to clear the bonus.... I'm not a great volume player right now...
      This is on hold for now, but it is a good idea.

I'm going for Iron Man. Bronze this month, probably Silver next month.

Of course I'm still with Rush Poker. It's the only way I like to play where there is that volume.
      And it helps a lot. Play 500 hands, review, play 500 hands review.
      In no other kind of poker I'd have the time/patience to make the same.

I moved up. I'm ok for the first 5k hands or so (don't have the exact numbers right now, away from my home computer).

Don't worry. I'll keep good BRM.

Ow, and still playing MTTs, of course. But no good results so far.. Not ITM for the last ~15 torneys...
      Usualy less than 100 places from the money (losing a lot of time)... But thats ok, It happens.
    • luckskaiworker
      luckskaiworker
      Bronze
      congratz and gl

just keep improving your game and everything is good ;)