$9.00
      BB:
      $27.11
      MP2(Hero):
      $13.56
      MP3:
      $5.34

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, J.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: ($2.55) Q, 9, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.55) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50.

River: ($12.55) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $12.55.

Hello I'm pretty sure this is dumb play.

Preflop:

CO was 3 betting me whole session. 4bet is basically bluffing and I'm sure that in his 3bet range there are worse hands. However I'll have to act OOP whole hand. What is best play here? Call or fold?

Flop:

No idea what to do here.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi.

I would be less inclined to defend when CO 3bets your UTG open, since he knows your range is much stronger.

Is CO a TAG/LAG 3betting light? Or just a fish spewing around?

TAG/LAG: 4bet or fold. There's nothing wrong with turning AJs into a bluff since: we can't call profitably OOP, can make an easy fold if he shoves, and block premium combinations.

Fish: Will quite often call the 4bet with random stuff, or shove and put us in a hard spot. I think we essentially have to start calling OOP with the top of our range and rely on him making huge mistakes post flop. Also tighten your opening range and decrease bet sizing if he is too out of line.

Flop: You can just check/raise/shove if he is cbetting a lot. Wide preflop range + cbetting too much = can hardly ever continue. Against selective cbet villians you have to be more careful on this flop, since they will often only bet with some sort of potential. If you decide to check/call, I would check/fold the turn since I don't think we have good enough implied odds out of position.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi.

I would be less inclined to defend when CO 3bets your UTG open, since he knows your range is much stronger.

Is CO a TAG/LAG 3betting light? Or just a fish spewing around?

TAG/LAG: 4bet or fold. There's nothing wrong with turning AJs into a bluff since: we can't call profitably OOP, can make an easy fold if he shoves, and block premium combinations.

Fish: Will quite often call the 4bet with random stuff, or shove and put us in a hard spot. I think we essentially have to start calling OOP with the top of our range and rely on him making huge mistakes post flop. Also tighten your opening range and decrease bet sizing if he is too out of line.

Flop: You can just check/raise/shove if he is cbetting a lot. Wide preflop range + cbetting too much = can hardly ever continue. Against selective cbet villians you have to be more careful on this flop, since they will often only bet with some sort of potential. If you decide to check/call, I would check/fold the turn since I don't think we have good enough implied odds out of position.
      This. Be wary of people 3betting all the time, if they know what they're doing they won't do it with the same hands from all positions, specifically they won't do it at nl10 when your range is strong like when you open from UTG.

Once you decide to call preflop tho, default play would probably be to check/jam on him if he's c-betting often, you are never in really bad shape with the nutflush draw, one overcard and some backdoor straightdraws, plus it sends the message you want to villain: don't try me. If you know he won't bet the turn again without Qx, calling the flop and folding to a turn bet is also viable, provided you are ready to donk bluff the river unimproved if he checks back the turn.

Hope it helps.