nl 10 - ADVICE PLEASE - DID I play this right ????

• lisa1971
      lisa1971
      Global
      Dealt to lisag304 [Kh 5h]
      bashiz: folds
      sedjkpro: folds
      Fachkraft: folds
      miwiaus: folds
      Guceri: folds
      Lavignero: folds
      NECKCUTTER71: raises $0.06 to $0.08
      lisag304: calls $0.07
      Pretorico: folds
      *** FLOP *** [5c 3s 4s]
      lisag304: checks
      NECKCUTTER71: bets $0.10
      lisag304: calls $0.10
      *** TURN *** [5c 3s 4s] [2s]
      lisag304: bets $0.02
      NECKCUTTER71: calls $0.02
      *** RIVER *** [5c 3s 4s 2s] [Th]
      lisag304: checks
      NECKCUTTER71: checks
  • 8 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Why are you cold calling with a trash hand ... it seems odd to ask you this but have you read any of the articles or seen the starting hand charts?

This is a major leak.

Edit: Oh, you cut off the part where you were in the small blind. Still K5s is way to weak to see to anything but a min raise. If you are going to play this hand you are playing it as a bluff ... which doesn't work at your limit.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi lisa1971

I think you should put the hand in the appropriate hand review board and use the hand converter.

about the hand as tokyoaces said caklling with trash is asking for trouble. as small blind you are OOp so it is a fold preflop. Also if you plan to bluff you can't bluff by calling you need to raise. To bluff I would recommend to haver so info about your oponent. otherwise avoid at this limit.

on the turn a bet of 0.2 is a min bet and not gonna make anyone fold on this size pot and this draw heavy board

OK you have top pair until the turn but loads of over pair beat you A or 6 makes a straight their is a possibility of a flush and also a few sets that beat you. basically you got trash and it should have been folded preflop and on the flop. the 2 is not a better card for you on the turn so if i was still in it would have been a check fold.

you should entitle this post what not to do :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      she's a moderator?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      1st post as well so probably new. Every one has to learn :f_biggrin: . or maybe it is a joke :s_biggrin:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      she's a moderator?
      Moderator's are paid to watch the forums for violations of the rules.
      Coaches are paid to have a high level of poker knowledge and the ability to impart that knowledge in others.

Two different jobs.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Basically Lisa your play in this hand catagorises you as a calling station in NL poker. Are you a limit player trying NL for the first time?

K5s is a junk hand that has two uses in the small blind -

* Fold
      * steal (in this case, re-steal)

You could 3bet here to 24 cents (very aggressive and somewhat risky, especially with a pure trash hand). Id prefer to fold and save my light resteal 3bets for strong draw hands (suited connectors, small to medium PPs).

Postflop you might as well bet into the villain. You flopped TP and should try and make overcard hands fold.

On the turn 2 cents is just a bad thing to bet. In NL you scale your bet size to the size of the existing pot, regardless of the limit. If we were playing 2 cent blind NL poker and somehow a $20 pot developed, you should still bet $12-$20 regardless of it being 600 to 1000 BBs, because the pot controls the bet size.

However it should be pointed out that that turn card is a scare card for you. The most likely PF raising hand is of course Ax, and Ax just made a straight. Check-fold the turn.

On the river you are still holding junk. C-F.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      she's a moderator?
      Moderator's are paid to watch the forums for violations of the rules.
      Coaches are paid to have a high level of poker knowledge and the ability to impart that knowledge in others.

Two different jobs.
      i was always clear about that. so how is one selected to be a moderator?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      i was always clear about that. so how is one selected to be a moderator?
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/jobs/