Problems

• s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      Did you guys just now experience some problems with pokerstrategy... it looked to like the page just crashed???
      could it be?
      just to be sure if its up to PS or my Comp... those were the inputs kinda
      Fatal error: dbConnection::open() failed in /var/www/v4.main/r20091124/html/system/core/Database.class.php at line...
  • 10 replies
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      UPS sorry wrong forum...
      i just managed to read general discussion... missed the most important word... POKER
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol don't worry s1m0nmp, we'll let you off just this once.

And yes, website/forum was down temporarily a moment or two ago, but looks ok again now.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, I guess someone pulled the wrong plug out of the wall (joking of course).

Bart
    • sillekene
      sillekene
      Bronze
      Hello

Passed the quiz today, and also I recived my starting capital 50$ !

PokerRoom I choose Cake Poker, however, I chose if I want to play limmiite 0.05$ / 0.10$ then comes ERROR it should be, the protection of a bankroll!!

How can it off? Or, it can hardly be removed?? I look forward to prompt reply!

Thank You
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sillekene
      Hello

PokerRoom I choose Cake Poker, however, I chose if I want to play limmiite 0.05$ / 0.10$ then comes ERROR it should be, the protection of a bankroll!!

Thank You
      Hey sillekene,

Congratulations on receiving your starting capital. :)
      Goodluck with it.

Are you referring to when u can sit down with your whole bankroll on the table?
      I'm not 100% sure about cake and it's software, I just though I would ask cause I didn't understand the question very well and hopefully someone can help you if we could identify your exact problem.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • sillekene
      sillekene
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Originally posted by sillekene
      Hello

Thank You
      Hey sillekene,

Congratulations on receiving your starting capital. :)
      Goodluck with it.

Are you referring to when u can sit down with your whole bankroll on the table?
      I'm not 100% sure about cake and it's software, I just though I would ask cause I didn't understand the question very well and hopefully someone can help you if we could identify your exact problem.

Regards,

Kyle.

I passed quiz and I get 50$ starting capital!!
      I choose Cake Poker!

But there somekind bankroll protection or smth !!!! I want play higer limit than 0.02/0,04!!!!

I copy error:

Seat denied: Bankroll Protection: To successfully, manage your bankroll, please shoose a lower limit or different game type for your own safety. You will have access to more games as yourbankroll and eperience increase.

But lower limit is only 0.02/0.04$!!! I think 50$ is enough to play 0.05/0.10 or 0.10/0.20
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      The restrictions associated with other platforms (e.g. those from Party) don't apply to cake. There is however a bankroll management restriction for Cake. That means:

In order to protect your starting capital, you will only be able to sit down at Cake Poker tables which you should be playing at according to our bankroll management. The bankroll protection will be active
      a) as long as your Cake Poker bankroll is under $300 (or it drops under $300 again) or
      b) until you have collected 2,000 Frequent Player Points (FPP) at Cake Poker or
      c) until you have made your own first deposit.

$50 is not sufficient for NL10 and upwards. I'm now sure if your familair with BRM (Bank-roll Management) but here's a little explanation:

Glossary
      Bankroll Management

Bankroll Management (BRM) is a system by which a player manages his available poker capital by deciding which limit to play on, and minimises the risk of bankruptcy due to fluctuations in wins and losses.

There are very conservative and very aggressive kinds of BRMs. A conservative BRM might say that you should only move to the next limit if you have 30 full stacks or 300 big bets on that limit, and move down a limit when you have 30 full stacks or 300 big bets on that lower limit. An aggressive BRM might draw the line at 10 stacks.

A general BRM rule is that you can only play on a limit if you have 20-30 full stacks (no-limit and pot-limit), or 200-300 big bets (fixed limit) for that limit.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • marinljubic
      marinljubic
      Bronze
      hi, i received my 50, and i understand that i can play only Holdem 0.02-0.04 but why i cant play PLO at the same level. Can anyone help me with that?
    • dadaas
      dadaas
      Bronze
      man Cake Poker sux, its so bad poker room that i cant believe.

Whats a deal with all this bankroll protection?
      I m as well playing on other sites higher levels... Do i need to play 1.20$ SNG which are pain in the ass, because they are mega slow, 1 tournament takes 1h, there are no people to play 20 of them at once to be profitable and with my 50$ i cant move to 2.20 double up as i dont want to pay damn double rake to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I m wasting my time with 1.20 SNG at cakepoker, i have like 50$ and i dotn know what to do... if i could i will most probably send it to someone or something, because i cant loose and i cant win and i want to win or lose, no draw.

Did i mention that they dont allowe pokertracker?
      No wonder there are no players...
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      [X] players who don't follow brm will bust it in the near future.
    • dadaas
      dadaas
      Bronze
      I finaly lost on cakepoker. It was not hard since my downswing was kicked in and i went to gamble. I was gambling and lost all, but i feel better, because i know i will not need to play 1.30h SNG 1.20 tournaments, instead of that i can play bwin 20min 5.50$ SNG

Cakepoker owners need to fire few employes who made they games so boring that we would rather pay mopney just to not play them.