[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS problems with AK

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $25,06
      Hero:
      $4,65

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , A:heart:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,50, 7 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, UTG+1 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,10) 9:club: , 8:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,10

Don´t like UTG min-raise, don´t like the flop, so I gave up.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $20,63
      Hero:
      $4,90

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , A:spade:
      5 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, BU calls $1,25, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,10) 8:heart: , 4:diamond: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,75, BU folds.

Final Pot: $4,85

I should maybe push here, because my stack is almost the same as the pot. Decided to make half size contibet, which is stupid, because here I can´t fold any more and he probably would re-raise me. Luckily he folded (maybe because two hands ago he outdraw my aces with Q9 and he put me again on pocket pairs) and I took down the pot.
  • 1 reply
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I like both hands a lot. :)

Hand 1.)
      A Minraise from UTG often is a Premiumhand like AA or KK but very often also a middle or higher Pocket Pair like 77-99, especially on NL $25, where a lot of SSS are sitting in and have autofold activated. Both type of hands beat often beat you here. JT is also an option.

You might can consider to play Bet/Fold but most of the times I like your check/fold here on that board.

Hand 2.)
      That you do not bet 2/3 but 1/2 is a good move here, cause often it more looks like a Valuebet (if you c-bet 2/3 of the pot any other time) and that you want to keep your opponent in the hand to get paid. And often he has to fold then.

But I admit thats a bit more advanced play here. ;)