[NL20-NL50] Ak & the midstack

• AceOnRiver
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1,75, BU folds, Hero raises to $4,00, BB folds, CO calls $2,25.

Flop: ($8,50) 4:spade: , J:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,50, CO raises to $9,00, Hero ?

Yeh thats so ugly, should i just coldcall the 3bet or push it in preflop or something ? this is a very annoying spot. Obviously pushing it in pre would look totally retarded but since i wouldnt do it against a normal stack
      everyone who attempts to make a note will come to wrong assumptions
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Gross spot. Especially against midistack fishstation OOP.

Your PFR is a little bit light. Should have kicked to $6, remembering being OOP.

On the flop, I dont think we have alot of fold equity with a cbet. 40-8 fishstation was possibly blind stealing (ORL 19) so has quite a wide range, but is probably also going to call you down with 77-TT, Jx, QQ+, AKo+. Id like to check.

Perhaps if fishstation then bets small bets you can call down and hope to catch on the turn and river; if the fishstation bets big its probably time to let it go. This is the power of position coming back to bite you on the backside.
    • Kaitz20
      shove is littlebit too much pf
      if you had even backdoor diamonds or like QJ or QT then I think bet/shove is fine
      but here b/f or c/f seem better line