This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Ak & the midstack

• AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $66,55
      CO:
      $26,45

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1,75, BU folds, Hero raises to $4,00, BB folds, CO calls $2,25.

Flop: ($8,50) 4:spade: , J:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,50, CO raises to $9,00, Hero ?

Yeh thats so ugly, should i just coldcall the 3bet or push it in preflop or something ? this is a very annoying spot. Obviously pushing it in pre would look totally retarded but since i wouldnt do it against a normal stack
      everyone who attempts to make a note will come to wrong assumptions
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Gross spot. Especially against midistack fishstation OOP.

Your PFR is a little bit light. Should have kicked to $6, remembering being OOP.

On the flop, I dont think we have alot of fold equity with a cbet. 40-8 fishstation was possibly blind stealing (ORL 19) so has quite a wide range, but is probably also going to call you down with 77-TT, Jx, QQ+, AKo+. Id like to check.

Perhaps if fishstation then bets small bets you can call down and hope to catch on the turn and river; if the fishstation bets big its probably time to let it go. This is the power of position coming back to bite you on the backside.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      shove is littlebit too much pf
      if you had even backdoor diamonds or like QJ or QT then I think bet/shove is fine
      but here b/f or c/f seem better line