isn't micro limit on party too tight?

• shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Man ... i'm so confused . I started my poker career on party and i'm starting to feel bad about it , i think i chose the wrong poker room . Party busted my ass from the start when i was playing SSS , after losing almost half of my bankrool playing short-stacked , i've lower the limit and started playing BBS. I did this because at that time there were just to many SSS players at 0.05/0.1 and i couldn't get any profit since i was playing with so many shorties. Now i'm playing BBS at NL5 and the tables are geting tighter and tighter , it just sucks... i was thinking to move my bankroll on Pokerstars or something , cuz i can't stand it anymore . I was thinking to start playing SH maybe that will increase my Bankroll . I just need some opinion guys , so help please .
  • 12 replies
    • SoWe
      SoWe
      Global
      SSS on NL2 is easy money, BSS on NL4 is easy money (SSS is not possible at NL4 there), haven't played on NL10 yet... but my table scanner confirms your problem, there are only 5 tables with less than three short stacks on them. Crazy shit!

You could try and learn to exploit the shortstacks and play BSS there...

if your bankroll isn't high enough, BSS on NL4 really is easy, and if they're too tight then just steal their blinds more?
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Party has lots of short stacks, but only a few strategy players. As long as they have 20bb or near, it shouldn`t really matter :) Although Party is not the best place to play sss, it is still beatable. If you have something like $25 left, you could play NL2 sss, because you have a good roll for that. But if you consider moving, then Pokerstars and Everest are way to go, lots of fishes. Don´t know about other rooms.
      And I wouldn`t recommend playing shorthanded, because the game is more swingy than FR and you would face hard decisions. So whatever you decide to do, best of luck :)
    • UltimateBlue
      UltimateBlue
      Silver
      I think those tables are not too tight at all. It is possible that they are tighter than before. Maybe a few shortstackers or tight regulars have switched from ipoker network to Party. There are still a lot of casual players at Party.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      wait till ur at nl 25 you will want to fold kings preflop ;p
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: though so TargetMe
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Certainly NL10 on PP is hard going but I have found Titan (iPoker) a whole lot worse.

On Titan there is much less players and while I dont want to complement them by calling them "tight" getting people call your raises is often difficult. You end up suffering the "death of a thousand cuts" (paying so many blinds that you end up taking a sizable loss).
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      soo damn true about party poker. moved to bodog awhile back and never looked back ever since.

i generally play 4 tables only but the lack of players / volume of hands is nothing to compared to how soft the games are.
    • D4NNYP
      D4NNYP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      wait till ur at nl 25 you will want to fold kings preflop ;p
      So true.... My last 4 times all in with KK preflop... I have come up against AA....
    • lauri1
      lauri1
      Bronze
      True, i cashed out today from partypoker because of too tight players in microlimits.
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      It is very tight but also extremely exploitable, I went from $5 to $20 in less than an hour by just stealing blinds, raising and just being damn right annoying. Tried doing it on two tables. No probs whatsoever, you just need patience. They will never call unless they have something, and when they call just put out a blocker bet on the flop (c-bet more or less) and u will know if they have a legit hand, if they dont... they will just fold immediately.

In fact, they will only call if they have a very high pair or the absolute nuts.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Silver
      i even beated NL25 with SSS. Just steal the blinds more often and resteal against late position opens. You just gotta play better. If the tables are tight ---> play loose!
    • shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      i'll try to loosen up guys . 10x