Might As Well Ask...

• Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Hey,

I know that when I joined here I put up a big stink about the ID issue and so I deposited money myself at Full Tilt.

However, I did pass the quiz and so am wondering if it may be possible to try to get $50 free for Cake Poker.

I'd like to try Cake Poker - because they don't allow HUD's - but they don't have InstaDebit - like PokerStars and Full Tilt do - and I absolutely don't want to sign up for yet another method for making deposits. I hate having registrations for 50,000 different websites!

Hey, I doubt I'll get a yes but it never hurts to try, right?

(And I still object to giving an ID by the way, lol)

Navrark
  • 6 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Navrark,

If you haven't already received your free $50 then it may be possible to get your money to cake. But I suggest on contacting our support to make sure of this.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • littlewing1
      littlewing1
      Bronze
      hey,
      might sound a silly question but what are HUDs that cake poker dont allow ??

might as well ask!!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by littlewing1
      hey,
      might sound a silly question but what are HUDs that cake poker dont allow ??

might as well ask!!
      Hey littlewing1,

There is no such thing as a "silly question", unless you ask what colour the sky is ;)

AFAIK, all HUDs are un-available for Cake network.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • littlewing1
      littlewing1
      Bronze
      sorry i was asking what the acrinym stood for,

what does HUD stand for?

he mentiones they dont allow them on cake poker and i was wondering what they are.
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by littlewing1
      what does HUD stand for?
      Heads Up Display
      It's part of a tracking software program that displays stats on your opponents, based on how they have played in the hands you have witnessed while playing at a table with them. They can display stats regarding the % of hands an opponent plays, % they raise, how often they go to showdown, etc. etc.

There are several programs available, Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker 3 are most popular. There is also the PokerStrategy Elephant which is totally free, you can find it by selecting Strategy->Poker Tools. It is only a Beta program under development, but works quite well. You have access to all features for 1 month, then it is restricted to beginner HUD mode. To release all features again you must gain 1000 Strategy Points in order to acquire a license for the software.

These programs also allow you to analyse your own play, by viewing your own stats to find leaks. They will display your progress in graphical form, and make it easier to review played hands and post them in the evaluation forum.

Hope it helps.
    • littlewing1
      littlewing1
      Bronze
      thanks alot ren,
      yeh ive used one of these things myself b4,

thanks for takin the time to answer. :D