[NL2-NL10] KK on a A flop

• mata123
      Known players:     

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG2 raises to $0,04, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,12, Hero raises to $0,43, 3 folds, UTG2 calls $0,39, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1,01) A:spade: , J:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1,00, UTG2 raises to $1,13 (All-In), Hero calls $0,13.

Turn: ($3,27) 9:spade:
      River: ($3,27) 5:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,27

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kd Kh)
      UTG2 shows high card ace with king kicker (Ks Td)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kd Kh)

Well i think i had no option on the flop but to raise,and if he had AA or Ax nice hand...well played or on such a flop or the fold would have been the wise move?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Id expect player who called 4bet here to bet out with AK on that flop. check-shove (which was really little more than a check-call, zero fold equity) is a really wierd line in this situation.

I would also cbet that flop when it was checked to me in your position. Because villain only had a litle more than the pot left, I would have bet his entire stack ($1.13).

I just cant think of a reason to slowplay AK on an ace high flop in a 4bet pot. So im expecting a bad villain to be calling down smaller pairs or "slowplaying" JJ.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you think he has few Ax hands in his range and will call the flop with worse pocket pairs, it's fine.

I disagree myself, since he's not rebuying, started by minraising and called a cold3bet, he's either very bad or very strong, so i'm not happy about the AJy flop. Having any Ax isn't past him, and people still get scared enough to fold most non Ax pairs on that kind of texture.

I'm fine check back the flop and calling a turn jam or jamming myself if he checks again, each time to give worse hands a chance to do something stupid. If he has Ax too bad we get screwed all the same since folding for 1 psb is barely an option, but i think we get more value out of worse hands that way.

Hope it helps.