PL100 vs Maniac regular

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      28/24/18, high AF and super aggro

Ok this guy 3bets like 18%, that's already insane for NLHE but for PLO it's just plain retarded. He was sitting either one seats behind me or two seats behind me for most of the tables. And according to PTR, hes a small winner at NL400 SH

(note that in PLO, you have the advantage against such a player if he sits two seats behind you since you are only going to open like mad from CO and BU and will have position on him since he will always be in the blinds, and if he does that to you when you are UTG/MP you have an ultra strong hand probably unless you are not playing tight)

Hand 1

Poker Stars $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 3 players - View hand 529789
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $100.00
      wtfichigo (SB): $158.40
      Joherl (BB): $108.75

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 6 :club: 7 :spade: J :diamond: T :diamond:
      Hero raises to $3, wtfichigo raises to $10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $26, wtfichigo calls $16

Flop: ($53.00) 5 :diamond: 6 :diamond: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      wtfichigo checks, Hero bets $52.00, wtfichigo raises to $132.40, Hero calls $22 all in

Turn: ($201.00) 3 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($201.00) 3 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $201.00
      Hero shows 6 :club: 7 :spade: J :diamond: T :diamond:
      wtfichigo shows 7 :diamond: 5 :heart: 4 :diamond: 4 :heart:
      wtfichigo wins $141.60
      (Rake: $1.00)

I know I shouldn't have 4-bet small, it would put people in a push or fold mode due to the lack of equity in NLHE, but in PLO the equity differences are never too great. And I would have definitely been able to rep pocket aces way better if I 4-bet to 33$ (the maximum I think). I'm not sure about my line on the flop. Bet/call would be standard on a non-paired board but my equity is horrid against AAXX since my two-pair outs are dead. With that being said, I think his random shit would have missed this board most of the time.

I also bet big to show I mean serious business since I have to bet/call anyway.

Hand 2

Poker Stars $100.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players - View hand 529784
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

tulane69 (UTG): $163.65
      house_advntg (CO): $117.75
      blue2two (BTN): $109.90
      Hero (SB): $118.55
      wtfichigo (BB): $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with J :spade: 4 :spade: A :heart: J :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $3, wtfichigo raises to $9, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($18.00) 5 :heart: A :club: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, wtfichigo bets $13.00, Hero calls $13

Turn: ($44.00) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, wtfichigo checks

River: ($44.00) 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, wtfichigo bets $30.00, Hero calls $30

I know he can easily have set/twopair here and he would probably check down top pair. I don't really know much about him, just that he check back and folded turn on a 468r board after 3betting me in position. Just not too sure how often he is bluffing, though I think he knows I would call him since I 4bet him with junk the previous hand and seem to be not giving him any respect.

Please give comments about my play. This guy really gave me a lot of trouble, of course I could stand up and leave the table but I think in PLO I'm usually in position against him when I open from CO/BU unlike in NLHE so I think I can outplay him (or at least attempt to and learn something on how to handle this kind of player)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      really hard to play against him if you´re oop
      He is 3-betting a lot and would stack off so lightly, so you can't really do anything else than tighten really up and play like nit or go to battle with him also in 4-bets, but in omaha it is so strange that you basically have close to 40% equity every time against hi shoving range, so if he shoves you havce to stack off :D
      So if you don´t want to start getting all-in pf it leaves calling most of the times pf and then stacking off every time you hit top pair, which also isn´t the best solution. SO maybe yes leaving or getting on his left is better option.
      Now to hands: 1- very standard in 4-bet pot, but you can also call ip and play poistflop. Just not sure if potting is the best option. I think b/c smt like 30$ and then shoving any turn card is maybe a little better option
      2- I think he is not bluffing there, but you´ll never know unless you call him down :) Your hand looks exactly what it is- top pair and since he is thinking player he won´t try to bet you out anything less than AKxx and since he is betting river I think he has AKxx or two pair+ himself