Fuzzygoggles get me an ipod blog **FINISHED**

• fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      Hi 23 from Ireland just finishing off a masters in mechanical engineering just waiting for the redtape stuff to be taken care off so have some free time

I decided to make a blog to try and make me stick to a goal in poker for once as far to often Ive given up when variance has come along.
      I no longer have rakeback on full tilt cos of multiaccounting (my bad) but i can get a bunch of free points from the academy so i am goin 2 grind all these challenges to get ~40000 points and get myself an ipod as it no longer counts against rakeback.

FTP Balance :6628

Oh yeah screenname : fuzzygoggle
      currently playin $1.50 Super turbo STT movin to $2 turbo 27 mans soon and a few mtts

Some goals
      [] get iron man this month
      [] move up to $3.50 turbos
      [] finish all academy sit n go challenges
      [] get back to profitability following big downswing
  • 14 replies
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      alright so quick update a few views so far ill try and make it more interesting as i go but its a 1st attempt anyway onto the poker

played 18 super turbos down 3-4 buyins no biggy im still a little loose in my pushing particularly after limper if any1 has advice on this that be great these limits are definetly fishy and easily beatable just need volume

but good news played a set of 4 27 man turbo sngs 3 final tables 2 cashes 2nd and dealt for 1st (big jump between 1st and 2nd imo and with the blinds so high headsup is a bit of a crapshoot)

anyway its the weekend which means booze and rugby :f_biggrin:

ps oh yeah a few more iron man days ftps are ~ 6800 and 3000 academy credits
      BR: $303.72
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Hehe, dont worry most people read alot, but seldom reply... I am guilty as charged too sometimes ;)

Keep up the good work and keep us updated!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Me too fuzzy, I often read but don't get time to reply but will be following you with interest.

I think it's a great idea to grind ftps when rakeback isnt available and wish you every luck with it.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hey! I've seen you playing FullTilt 1,50+0.20$ Superturbos. :) Good luck! :)
      I am playing those too. My nickname on FullTilt - Huseens.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I think this is a great idea for a blog, why not reward yourself with an ipod after some grinding....do you have any idea how long it will take you? 40k points is quite a lot at micro stakes.
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      hey wow a good few replies thanks guys

@eaglestar, vonki yeah im definitely more of a looker than a poster but thanks 4 the support

@Huseens i recognise your name alright good luck at the tables ill try not to suck out too hardon you

@ peche yeah if it was solely from grinding then it would take a long long time but im earning academy points as well that im using to buy 5000 ftps should hopefully buy my second set this weekend bringing me up to around 12000 so id like to have it done in 2 months

update time just been grinding out some cash game challenges on rush this morning to great effect up 2 buyins for nl10 and 400 more credits so a good start to the weekend not sure how much volume ill get in this weekend but hopefully enough to get iron man both days

BR:$319.29
      FTPS: 6833
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      rite so quick update
      got another 5000 ftps so up to ~12200
      so thats nearly 30% of the way there

BR has been up and down mainly due to rush poker
      it stands around $300 after a decent morning 6 tabelling the super turbos

still on track for iron man as well so overall going well
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      right so been real busy with drinkin and college and rugby so havnt had a chance to update but the challenge is still on

basically downswinged pretty hard down to $200 playin superturbos and rush but managed to come back so around $280 at the moment so hopefully get back over the 300 mark soon

got my ironman today so thats one goal down

just over 13000 ftps and another 3000 in the academy so bout 40% of the way there
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Damn! Allways when we are making deal you are ahead. :(
      Ok no probz. :D GL
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      @huessens : haha yeah you do seem to be a lucky charm for me good 2 see your going strong as well

been playin a few mtts as well just for some change 3 small cashes in the last few days best was 11th very annoying but it was a loose push so no complaints
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      so just played a few mtts bored on a sunday evening anyway 5 hours and plenty of bad beats and suckouts later

[img]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=66kbw8&s=6[/img]

also the link in case i fail at image loading

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=66kbw8&s=6

nice return from a dollar

BR $ 430
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      very nice.

the only time i've gotten that high a placing in a SnG/MTT is in a HU SnG where i got 2nd.
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      right so im still here

went through some downswings (damn rush poker) but a 2nd in an MTT has my roll back just over $100

as for the challenge Im very close have ~ 42k points with 35k coming from the academy so hopefully in the next week or 2 I will be ordering a new iPod

sorry about not keeping the blog going its not really for me
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      so challenge got completed earlier this evening

new 8gb nano is ordered so prob a month or 2 before it arrives

now to find a new goal