This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH QQ on a drawy board

• ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $1.49
      MP3(Hero):
      $9.94
      CO:
      $4.47
      BU:
      $7.43
      SB:
      $11.74

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) J, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.87) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55.

River: ($3.97) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, CO raises to $2.52, Hero calls $1.77.

Final Pot: $9.01.
      Results follow

Opponent is 38/0 after 33 hands
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I'm betting more on the flop - mostly for protection but obvs still value - probably ~$0.45 since his stats slightly indicate he might be a calling-station type. Then I'd play bet/fold on turn - betting around $1.4.

The river is a bad card and I'm just check/calling check/folding - calling only if he gives me good odds (even though I think you're often beat if he bets). I'm never betting out on this river though, and I certainly fold to his raise.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I have a feeling that you are facing Jx here, probably J9 or JT.

I agree with amp that you should have bet more on that flop against a station. Bet at least 3/4 pot on a drawy board. Most draws are "break even" at half pot but most drawers will pay alot more. So you need to exploit this and bet 3/4 to pot on double suited or double connected flops.

I think id bet 40c myself. On being minraised im trippling his last sum.

On the turn you need to keep in mind that station really does feel like a JT, which is really an aweful, dominate-me-please hand yet EVERYONE is addicted to playing it. A set would have escalated all in on the flop. There is nothing scary about that K except that KJ made two pair. As played at this point CO only has 3 bucks left. Put him all in.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      I have a feeling that you are facing Jx here, probably J9 or JT.

I agree with amp that you should have bet more on that flop against a station. Bet at least 3/4 pot on a drawy board. Most draws are "break even" at half pot but most drawers will pay alot more. So you need to exploit this and bet 3/4 to pot on double suited or double connected flops.

I think id bet 40c myself. On being minraised im trippling his last sum.

On the turn you need to keep in mind that station really does feel like a JT, which is really an aweful, dominate-me-please hand yet EVERYONE is addicted to playing it. A set would have escalated all in on the flop. There is nothing scary about that K except that KJ made two pair. As played at this point CO only has 3 bucks left. Put him all in.
      This. As played like ampifyd i'm not calling the river raise if i choose to blockbet it, but it's pretty safe to assume if you check and villain bets anything significant he has a hand that beats QQ, so check/folding is fine.

Hope it helps.