$9.94
      CO:
      $4.47
      BU:
      $7.43
      SB:
      $11.74

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) J, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.87) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55.

River: ($3.97) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, CO raises to $2.52, Hero calls $1.77.

Final Pot: $9.01.
      Results follow

Opponent is 38/0 after 33 hands
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I'm betting more on the flop - mostly for protection but obvs still value - probably ~$0.45 since his stats slightly indicate he might be a calling-station type. Then I'd play bet/fold on turn - betting around $1.4.

The river is a bad card and I'm just check/calling check/folding - calling only if he gives me good odds (even though I think you're often beat if he bets). I'm never betting out on this river though, and I certainly fold to his raise.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I have a feeling that you are facing Jx here, probably J9 or JT.

I agree with amp that you should have bet more on that flop against a station. Bet at least 3/4 pot on a drawy board. Most draws are "break even" at half pot but most drawers will pay alot more. So you need to exploit this and bet 3/4 to pot on double suited or double connected flops.

I think id bet 40c myself. On being minraised im trippling his last sum.

On the turn you need to keep in mind that station really does feel like a JT, which is really an aweful, dominate-me-please hand yet EVERYONE is addicted to playing it. A set would have escalated all in on the flop. There is nothing scary about that K except that KJ made two pair. As played at this point CO only has 3 bucks left. Put him all in.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      I have a feeling that you are facing Jx here, probably J9 or JT.

I agree with amp that you should have bet more on that flop against a station. Bet at least 3/4 pot on a drawy board. Most draws are "break even" at half pot but most drawers will pay alot more. So you need to exploit this and bet 3/4 to pot on double suited or double connected flops.

I think id bet 40c myself. On being minraised im trippling his last sum.

On the turn you need to keep in mind that station really does feel like a JT, which is really an aweful, dominate-me-please hand yet EVERYONE is addicted to playing it. A set would have escalated all in on the flop. There is nothing scary about that K except that KJ made two pair. As played at this point CO only has 3 bucks left. Put him all in.
      This. As played like ampifyd i'm not calling the river raise if i choose to blockbet it, but it's pretty safe to assume if you check and villain bets anything significant he has a hand that beats QQ, so check/folding is fine.

Hope it helps.