UTG ($1.88)
      UTG+1 ($10.74)
      UTG+2 ($15.81)
      Hero ($10)
      MP2 ($10.41)
      CO ($6.27)
      BTN ($9.72)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.06, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, fold, fold, SB calls $0.27, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.02) A:spade: Q:diamond: 8:club:

SB bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.72, MP2 folds

TURN ($2.46) A:spade: Q:diamond: 8:club: 6:heart:

SB bets $1.32, Hero calls $1.32

RIVER ($5.10) A:spade: Q:diamond: 8:club: 6:heart: T:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

Villain is a tight passive player at 16/0/1.5. I just flat called on the flop and turn because the board is really dry and there aren't many draws to protect against so I chose to pot control. On the river, I realized I should've probably bet to push him off AK and get value from AJ, though it seems kinda thin at the time.
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I dont know, I prefer pot control against a tight passive who rarely bets here.

On the river though when he checks, id try a half pot bet for value in a bet-fold line. Just because he is passive doesnt mean he wont call nearly any Ax and bet twice with it. I dont expect him to play bet-bet then check-raise the river often. So the check to me is an indication that we have won.
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Lol yeah, after the hand, I realized what a stupid move checking back was. I was giving up on alot of potential value.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Valuebetting the river without further reads is standard, tho against a 75bb stack if you make it half pot you're gonna have a hard time selling a bet/fold to yourself while getting a zillion-to-one odds on a call. You likely need to call it off after that in case he's just an idiot, which he is.

You're never pushing him off AK, don't count on it.

Hope it helps.