$103.65
      BU:
      $35.90
      SB:
      $168.55
      BB:
      $36.15

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, 3 folds, SB raises to $168.55, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.

villan stats 17/9, 3bet 7% but 22% from the sb

i was finishing up and this was a hand i would sometimes call the shove with. im wondering how marginal this spot is and if it is an easy call like i think it is. would it also be a call with 30 to 35bb because i come across this spot very often on FT, where the sb has a big 3bet% but with 35bb im reluctant to call without JJ+.
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I fold due your stacksize.
      Question from my side is if this 22% is a resteal% or just 3bet (hence resteal included)

If you have Hold'em manager , can you show me his popup stats (like the complete picture) next time?

The bigger your stacksize, the more equity you need to be profitable but remind you that people play different against shortstackers than against fellow bigstackers so some stats can be biased.

- Gerv
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      @gerv here is his popup stats as requested

i would really appreciate more input on this because im playing on FTP where the buyin is 35bb and therefore a 26bb stack is common for me.
      this situation arises a lot for me, where i have a 2nd rate hand and face a very lose sb 3bet or shove.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Ah now I see
      First of all I do not recommend playing on FTP now (Shallow tables though ARE fishy , trust me!)

I dont know how you let your stack slinking off from 35bb to 23bb but I think you can't really be playing SSS (playin pre, post & some Turns) as you normally do

Now I see that 27% (11). So out of 11 samples where he COULD make a 3bet from the SB, he did that 3 times which is really not valid nor an argument to use that he 3bets a lot. YOu only got 136 hands of him remember that ;)

So I suggest you reread some xarry2 analysis in his feedback thread. one in particularly about sample sizes and which stats you can and should be using corresponding with how many hands you have on villains. It's a solid and well written essay I would say.

So I look at his VPIP/PFR now which is 17/8. given the fact then you can see that he is calling way more than a normal TAG. So 8 PFR isn't much so a 3bet% range should be even tighter. I do not want to give a rule of thumb here since it is really player dependent but KQs isn't going to cut it for 23+++bb éver mathetmatically speaking.

Hope it helps, if you got any questions, feel free to reply and I will help you as soon as I can!

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      ok so due to the small sample size i still need to be ahead of pfr8 so i need AKo, JJ+. thank for the input! i do have my little niche on FTP which is working nicely for me at the moment although its not quite sss, its close enough :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I just looked it up for you and here it is:

NL SSS Advanced by xarry2 - wednesdays at 7pm CET

The very first essay he writes tells you more which statistic to use regarding sample sizes

Good luck!
      Gerv
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      thanks gerv, much appreciated and great reading there :)