This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A7s donkis played?

• mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      Known players:      
      UTG:
      $2,25
      UTG2:
      $1,06
      Hero:
      $1,62
      MP2:
      $6,83

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      UTG calls $0,02, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, MP2 raises to $0,13, 7 folds, Hero calls $0,11.

Flop: ($0,33) Q:diamond: , 9:diamond: , Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,33, Hero raises to $1,49 (All-In), MP2 calls $1,16.

Turn: ($3,31) 7:spade:
      River: ($3,31) 7:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, sevens full of queens (Ad 7d)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ah Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, sevens full of queens (Ad 7d)
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Fold em preflop. A7s isnt good enough for an OR in MP1 10-way.

As played, that flop isnt aweful for a semi-bluff but it isnt great either. Villain cant easily credit you for a Qx hand, so most likely legit hand you could have is 99. You will definantly fold out alot of Ax hands here. Probably not AA, KK, JJ, TT though.

Funny turn and river :)
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Calling pre is fine if it's a limp poker table. Would def fold after MP2 raises.

Flop: Jamming isn't terrible since you are 30% vs his calling range. But I don't expect a whole lot of fold equity when he pots the flop. So unless this is his standard bet size, I would just check/fold.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice..the table was full of callers and i just limped there...calling the raise wasn't in the plan but the i got lucky....for sure i fold this hands...but well poker sometimes is a funny game :f_cool:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Calling pre is fine if it's a limp poker table. Would def fold after MP2 raises.
      This preflop. Flop feels a bit weird when he just pots it, but once you called A7s preflop and flopped a flushdraw you likely have to go with it, there are still some hands he's bet/folding there.

Hope it helps.