Known players:      
      SB:
      $1,52
      BB:
      $1,89
      Hero:
      $1,93

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,08, 6 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,24) 2:spade: , J:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, SB calls $0,02.

Turn: ($0,30) 6:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0,07, Hero raises to $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,13.

River: ($0,70) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,70, BB calls $0,70.

Final Pot: $2,10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Jh Js)
      BB shows three of a kind, deuces (2c 2d)

Hero wins with three of a kind, jacks (Jh Js)
      I slowplay like a fool i have chills on the river with the flush posibillity...
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Slowplay - when in doubt, dont!

For every time it gets you another bet from a weak hand there is a time like this where it costs you a stack win :)

Slowplay should only be used when you can put your opponent on a narrow hand range and think they will bet if you check, or if you are so-far-ahead that you cant possibly be beaten no matter what else happens in the hand (eg, flop quads).

Here you should come over the top of BB's minbet hard. Do exactly what you would do here with Jx, overpair, AK or AQ hands, else you become readable. Raise him to 24c. That would have triggered BB to play bet-raise-shove and youd have got all in for stacks on the flop.

As played BB is more scared of that river than you. I think C-R river is pretty rare / silly play that only should be used against maniacs or people you have observed to often river bluff or make light river value bets (like tpbk). Well worth taking a half to pot sized value bet here in a bet-fold line.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      thanks slowplay isn't my play on this hands,but diin't saw any danger on the flop...the river could have tought me a painfull leason...again...
      Good advice jaissica it's apreciated
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      Slowplay - when in doubt, dont!

For every time it gets you another bet from a weak hand there is a time like this where it costs you a stack win :)

Slowplay should only be used when you can put your opponent on a narrow hand range and think they will bet if you check, or if you are so-far-ahead that you cant possibly be beaten no matter what else happens in the hand (eg, flop quads).

Here you should come over the top of BB's minbet hard. Do exactly what you would do here with Jx, overpair, AK or AQ hands, else you become readable. Raise him to 24c. That would have triggered BB to play bet-raise-shove and youd have got all in for stacks on the flop.

As played BB is more scared of that river than you. I think C-R river is pretty rare / silly play that only should be used against maniacs or people you have observed to often river bluff or make light river value bets (like tpbk). Well worth taking a half to pot sized value bet here in a bet-fold line.
      ^_^