$4,69
      UTG:
      $0,91
      UTG2:
      $1,20
      Hero:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8:heart: , 8:diamond:
      UTG calls $0,02, UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,08, Hero calls $0,08, 5 folds, BB calls $0,06, UTG calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,33) T:heart: , A:heart: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, UTG2 bets $0,24, Hero raises to $0,80, 2 folds, UTG2 raises to $1,12 (All-In), Hero calls $0,32.

Turn: ($2,57) 9:spade:
      River: ($2,57) J:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2,57

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, eights (8h 8d)
      UTG2 shows a straight, queen high (As Qc)

UTG2 wins with a straight, queen high (As Qc)

Got a little spooked on the flop..tried to fold the flush draw but enden up beatten.Did the reraised made sense here or i shoul just called a rethink my hand on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Nope. Bet-raise-shove on that flop with 88. NH, WP!

Dont overthink things just because you ended up losing the hand. You played this one flawlessly start to finish.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      Nope. Bet-raise-shove on that flop with 88. NH, WP!

Dont overthink things just because you ended up losing the hand. You played this one flawlessly start to finish.
      That's fine for this particular hand, NH.

But you likely need to rethink some concepts, you're not raising to fold out flushdraws, you're raising to get it in against them as a 2:1 favorite. You don't want draws (and worse hands in general) calling getting good odds to outdraw you, but you still want them calling once you have given them bad odds.

Plus if every time you're betting you're hoping drawing hands will fold, you will be constantly disappointed at microstakes because nobody folds draws :)

Hope it helps.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      Thanks..the teory is nice and dandy,but i got sucked out by draws more then one time...so folding is better...safer for my mind :f_biggrin: (just kidding)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

:D Make sure you're just kidding for real, even keeping such thoughts in the back of your mind can end up calling you a lot of money and slow your growth as a poker player big time.

Hope it helps.