mata123
      Bronze
      Known players:       
      BB:
      $2,19
      Hero:
      $1,91

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J:spade: , J:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 6 folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) 5:diamond: , Q:diamond: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,20, BB calls $0,12.

Turn: ($0,57) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,08, Hero calls $0,08.

River: ($0,73) 9:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,73, Hero calls $0,73.

Final Pot: $2,19

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and nines (Js Jc)
      BB shows a pair of nines (As 2d)

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and nines (Js Jc)

Not a pretty flop but the 3bet i think should have been made...i think if he had reraised me on the flop i would have folded...but i'm not happy in the way i played the hand...help please :f_eek:
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Wierd hand.

Flop raise is standard, turn call is standard (who is folding for 8c into a 65c pot??)

River is tough to call. Id want a read on BB that says he is making idiot plays before calling that. Otherwise I think he has some horribly played set that got very scared of a flush but improved into a full house.
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      I think this was a case of a lagish type of player(I had stats on him) who wasn't ready to fold his hand...thought I was bluffing....wich in some extent I was...
      but i think i will fold on that river bet this hand...if i see something similar...no value in calling a bet that size with a pair on a not so good board
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Nah mate, if the villain is laggy towards maniac youve got a smooth-call.

Its a common bad-lag's "test the water" play to put in a tiny turn bet then a huge river bet if they get just-called.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      Wierd hand.

Flop raise is standard, turn call is standard (who is folding for 8c into a 65c pot??)

River is tough to call. Id want a read on BB that says he is making idiot plays before calling that. Otherwise I think he has some horribly played set that got very scared of a flush but improved into a full house.
      I agree, tho i mainly see players play a flushdraw turned made flush like that, rarely a flopped set. They're drawing cheap at first, you raise them, they call because they have a draw. Then they hit, and figure "hey, last time i made that small bet he raised, lets try that again, i'm so good at trapping". Then when they see you don't take the bait they switch tactics and just pot it out for value.

If your read on the guy is that he's generally doing nonsense crap calling is okay.

Hope it helps.